Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm so happy that my fico score for equifax went up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm so happy that my fico score for equifax went up

hi, im new to this forums im just exited that my fico has gone up from 580 in jan 2012 to 680 today. i had a previous score of 642 last week and i got a message stating the my fico went up to 680 im berry happy

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: i'm so happy that my fico score for equifax went up

Welcome to the forums,

Hi jf49rs,   That;s Grrrrrrreat ! !     Wow Jan 580 to March it's 680!! That's 100 points!

Do you care to share, what happened from Jan to March?

Inquiring minds, would like know. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i'm so happy that my fico score for equifax went up

Well I paid Down my credit cards
Credit one 400 to 35.00
Orchard bank 300 to 33
Sears HSBC 400 to 146
I paid a judgment 2200
That's all I did
Thanks
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm so happy that my fico score for equifax went up

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I paid Down my credit cards
Credit one 400 to 35.00
Orchard bank 300 to 33
Sears HSBC 400 to 146
I paid a judgment 2200
That's all I did
Thanks

That's Awesome, Congratulations!!

I just wanted to share a little info with you (what you have done by paying down your balances is great) however, FICO not only scores you on overall util but you are also scored on "Accounts with balances" If you were to pay all of your credit cards to 0 and leave a small balance on one CC of 1-9% of it's CL, your score would go up even higher (how much is unknown, but I'd speculate, that it may put you close to 700, again just speculation)

FICO will reward you with your highest score when you only have one CC reporting with a balance of 1-9% of it's CL, that's what we call "Maxing" your scores.

If you only have those three CC's you listed above, the Credit One, Orchard and the Sears HSBC, you have 1,100 total revolving credit, I'd pay the Sears and Credit One to 0, and let the Orchard report the 33 balance, this way you will only have one CC reporting a balance that would put you somewhere around 4-5% revolving util, and you may be surprised by the increase in points you see.

I must say this tho, everyone will experience different results, but it is almost 100% certain that you will see an increase to you score if you follow this advice.

If you can, give this a shot and see what kind of gains you will see.

Wishing you the Best.

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

+1

Thank you Mustanglvr2006, for replying while I was MIA.Great Post! Smiley Wink

Sorry, I was late to reply.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

+1

Thank you Mustanglvr2006, for replying while I was MIA.Great Post! Smiley Wink

Sorry, I was late to reply.

Thank you for that LIGHTNIN, your reply just put a huge smile on my face, I do try my best to give accurate advice, I'm not always right, but it sure does feel good when someone thanks me for something I posted, yet alone saying my reply was great, so thank you for that, you just made my daySmiley Happy

You have nothing to be sorry about, the contributions you provide here at myFICO are second to none, and yes, even you deserve deserve some time to be MIA as you described it.

Thank you again LIGHTNIN.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.