Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late payments affecting score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

late payments affecting score

My score is so low, but when I looked at the details I got confused.  Some of the deliquencies are 6 and 7 years old and are still affecting my score!  How long does it take for that to be removed, anyone know?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: late payments affecting score

@Anonymous wrote:

My score is so low, but when I looked at the details I got confused.  Some of the deliquencies are 6 and 7 years old and are still affecting my score!  How long does it take for that to be removed, anyone know?

Hello and welcome.

If they are just late payments they will be there for up to 7 years from each individual date of delinquency.

Are these 30 day lates? 60? 90? How severe the lates are can make a difference in your scores even after several years.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

most of them are 30 days-so I guess some of them will 'disappear' this year?

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

They should fall off at the 7-year mark. The underlying accounts should remain until 10 years after they're closed (usually), and then they'll fall off.

Old 30's shouldn't be that big of a deal. Are you looking at a FICO score (pulled here) or a "credit score" from somewhere else?

If it's a FICO score report, what are the negatives on screen 2, over on the left, listed in order? These are the things that are holding your score down the most, with the most important listed first, then the second-most important, and so forth. That can help you focus your energies on what really matters.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.