Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO FORUM’s—Kudo’s!! My Testimony.

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

myFICO FORUM’s—Kudo’s!! My Testimony.

I didn’t become fully credit conscience until early-mid 2016.  I knew FICO was a thing but clearly I didn’t really know.  I signed up for Credit Karma (after the many commercialsSmiley Tongue).  I know some acknowledge it serves a purpose; it helped me before I knew what help I needed.  Scores – No.  Other Information – Good. 

The best thing I learned (but already knew) is to reduce my CC UTL.  It helped me understand the basics of rebuilding (by reading) and to prepare a game plan and know it may take some time because there’s no quick fix.  It was a good start because although I did pay attention to the ups and downs of the FAKO scores, it provided an easy understanding of important factors regardless of its weight. 

But this is about myFICO forums.  Graduated and became a New Visitor here.  The help and information provided by those starting their journey, been there done that, who take the time to analyze and respond, create graphs, charts, lists, etc, reply to those in need and those that encourage others…is pretty darn cool.  

I surmise if I really knew what FICO scores were (and that there was more than 1 version) I would have been in the low 600’s when I started.  Who knows.  But by late 2016 I knew my FICO  8 scores - low 700’s across the board and that was after a lot of work applying the basics.  Each day I log in I learn something new and occasionally have the ability to help.

This is a GREAT place to learn, help and encourage.   Thank you!

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO FORUM’s—Kudo’s!! My Testimony.

Well said, Trudy!

I started doing Google site searches of this forum to learn about the best way to prepare my credit file for a mortgage application, and I consistently came across a group of helpful posters that really need to be given some sort of special badge on here or something!

That would be: @CreditGuyInDixie , @Thomas_Thumb , @BrutalBodyShots , and @Revelate

Message 2 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well said, Trudy!

I started doing Google site searches of this forum to learn about the best way to prepare my credit file for a mortgage application, and I consistently came across a group of helpful posters that really need to be given some sort of special badge on here or something!

That would be: @CreditGuyInDixie , @Thomas_Thumb , @BrutalBodyShots , and @Revelate

@Anonymous , Since you're not a super contributor, CL, or Mod, when you use the "@ mention" of a user, they wont know unless they happen to read this thread. I read it, and I will ping them for you, so they can see the nice comment you made about them! Thank you, that was nice.Smiley Happy

@Anonymous , @Thomas_Thumb , @Anonymous , @Revelate 

Message 3 of 5
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Thanks pizza1 .  I guess this doesn't reach you either unless you happen to read or get a notification since you posted..  I agree those that CassieCard acknowledge have been tremendously helpful to me as well as many others.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 5
kah-pas
New Contributor

Indeed! Kudos to so many great contributors. Thanks to the info from here I have created a plan and am very confident in its upcoming execution. Very grateful that have found this Forum.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.