cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico TU score up 47pts and nothing has changed?

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

myFico TU score up 47pts and nothing has changed?

For kicks, i just pulled myFico trifecta for $60.

TU went up 47 pts to 710.  710 is the same score that Walmart and Discover have for me.

Nothing has changed on the reports in the past 4 months except for things that would negate my score.  A few more INQ's and 4 new CC accts.

I don't see how my TU could go up 47pts for no reason.  Is myFico using the same TU model as Discover and Walmart now?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HiLine
Blogger

Re: myFico TU score up 47pts and nothing has changed?

Message 2 of 6
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Utilization dropped 1%, AAoA has gone down because of 4 new accounts.  Nothing has changed on any of my reports in the last 4 months except a decrease in utilization by 1%, 6 new INQ's, 4 new CC accts and a drop in AAoA.  Those are all negatives for scores except the utilization drop.  Surely doesn't constitute a 47pt increase.

Message 3 of 6
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Tu score on myfico is tu08 now same as Wal-Mart. This is the reason for your increase

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

myFIco upgraded the scoring model used on this site from TU98 to TU08 which is the same as Barclay's, Discover or Walmart FICO versions. It is common for the scores to be different with each version of FICO. That would explain the change.

Hope that helps answer your question.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 5 of 6
racer-x
Valued Contributor

That's what I was wondering....if myfico was now using the same model as Walmart and Discover, since all 3 have the same TU score for me.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.