cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico score alert of 19 point increase, but fresh pull of equifax shows no change to fico?

tag
td2926

myfico score alert of 19 point increase, but fresh pull of equifax shows no change to fico?

Have been at 651 on myfico for 3  weeks (lots of debt paid off and disputes resolved in the last month). Today I got a score alert of a change. When I logged in the alert says my new fico is now 670. I wanted to see what specifically caused the increase, but when I pull the Equifax report fresh the score still shows 651. Has the Equifax pull just not caught up since it is a Friday? Is the myfico score alert simply an estimation of a changed account status? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myfico score alert of 19 point increase, but fresh pull of equifax shows no change to fico?

Seemingly obvious, but what is the listed date of the latest 651 report? What is the date of the alert showing 670?

Message 2 of 6
td2926

Re: myfico score alert of 19 point increase, but fresh pull of equifax shows no change to fico?

Score Watch Alert 12/3 - 651

Score Power Report 12/3 - 651

Score Watch Alert 12/21 6pm - 670

Score Power Report 12/21  8pm - 651

This is the first time the alert did not match the fresh pull of the power report

In underwriting currently for my mortgage so I am pretty sensitive to the movement of the score Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Was anything disputed within the past day or two?

What was the reason behind the 670 alert (if shown)?

Message 4 of 6
td2926

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit ReportYour FICO score may have gone up because the following factor is not hurting your FICO score as much as before:   -   You have a recent public record or collection on your credit report.

I had paid off three 48 month old small collections and disputed 2 others in the last 60 days and the only thing I could see different on my report is that one of the 0 balance collection accounts is now gone. 

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I dunno without looking at it further. You received a score alert via SW. Score alerts pull your latest score every 7-10 days just to see if your score moved any. IME, score alerts reflected the score within the past 48 hours and didn't always reflect the score at the second the alert arrived in my mailbox. 

Per causes, I would have guessed a dispute as the most likely reasons, though you said that there were no initiated disputes in the past few. I'd definitely would review the comments within each TL to see if there were any specific changes. FICO will ignore certain scoring aspects within OC accounts only during a dispute and it isn't uncommon to lose points.

Another scenario is a change to an account occurred immediately following the alert which was reflected in the new report. SW would have picked up on major change slike balance increases or stati changes, but if you never got an alert for these there are some items that could have led to a decrease without an alert...like a CLD on a CC, paying off a closed CC, among others.

Definitely compare the two reports side-by-side.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.