cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself? Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself?

MyFico sent me an email saying that they are offering a free FICO score check to make sure that this problem is being fixed. So maybe its after you call them or something, but yeah for them for helping.
Message 171 of 214
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Re: *new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself?

Whom did you call: myFico of SM? I called SM the other day and emailed myFico and haven't received this offer. I burned my free ScorePower report and bought 2 more scores when this happened Smiley Mad
Message 172 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

My final post on this

I was relieved to read the articles that came out today. This was on The AP newswire so there is no way SM can ever try this again. What upsets me about the experience is that when I spoke to them on Friday a Supervisor in the India call center told me the change was due to new federal government guidelines . Not sure who told him to say that but when I got off the phone they were not admitting to any mistake and even when I talked to the customer advocate on Monday they would not necessarily say it was unintentional. And they earlier stories today they did not admit to a mistake until the quotes from Tom Joyce. My takeaways from this is to try to pay off my loan asap and to keep paying for scorewatch. I think this forum was important to putting pressure on SM to fix the situation. E
Message 173 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My final post on this

Just watched my self on King 5 here in Seattle, and Dam I am cute.  LOL  The story really hit the point. It is time we don't wait on th fence and do something about this Fico mess.  They had a lady named Cynthia from SM.  Stating that the changes to peoples reports have already been changed.  However, I have not seen any changes yet.  Still waiting to see.

Michelle
Message 174 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *new error in Sallie Mae reporting*

Yes,this ruined my Sunday through today. I dropped 124 points and then was told by Sallie Mae that they will fix it as soon as possible, but are not sure when. I asked to be sent a letter in writing so at least if I have to negotiate with creditors directly I have something to show them. I worry about those carrying large balances on balance transfers as banks like CHASE tend to jump down your throat just as soon as they have any excuse... a significant change in a credit report gives them every right to move you to a 32.99% APR default rate and then they'll likely tell you you have to wait 6 months to be re-evaluated.
Message 175 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gary4872..sorry for the delayed response. That mesage was sent to me from myfico customer care. And the detailed wording is that they added a power score watch to my subscription. Hope that helps. If not let me know.
Message 176 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

rse2008: I'm not sure that's necessarily wrong. My net impression now is that some regulation/rule changed and they tried to comply/take advantage of it, but royally screwed it up. However, I've yet to see any reference to an actual regulation change. I tried searching for one but didn't have any luck.
Message 177 of 214
gary4872
Regular Contributor

In case you didn't see it online Michelle: http://www.king5.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=245376&shu=1

Thanks for going on air for us all!
Message 178 of 214
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Back better than before - just got a SW that my EQ is +11...

Back better than before - just got a SW that my EQ is +115 to 733 Smiley Happy
Message 179 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score back up, but...

After dropping 100 points on 5/10 because of this error (I have been in a graduated repayment plan for 3 years), I've been following this thread and today I got a scorewatch alert saying my score was back up by 96 points. A four point difference from before, but hey, still good news.

However, my FICO score history still shows the dramatic dip my score took a few days ago, which bothers me. I want any evidence of this entire fiasco GONE from my credit history. Should I get a new credit report from Equifax to make sure they're not still reporting that I set up a partial repayment plan?  
Message 180 of 214
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.