cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself? Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *new error in Sallie Mae reporting

I saw another post that listed this lawfirm who is suing sallie mae for some other stuff...I think they are doing something with the recent screwup as well - James Hoyer law firm jameshoyer.com

Message 211 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

I lost 52 points, then regained 41... where the hayle are my 9 missing points, and who do I contact? Every time I contact SM they don't know what I am talking about. They say the problem is with EQ. MyFico said that is it is between SM & EQ. Why is it I worked hard to correct my credit issues to lose 9 points from this fiasco? I WANT THEM BACK. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I am good for the CLASS ACTION. I was on the Marshalls/TJ Maxx... what they gonna give me free monitoring when they rape my credit score just because?
Message 212 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

ddivaqt, unfortunately you really need to compare your credit reports. It's entirely possible you lost the points for other reasons. For example, did you open a new credit account in the midst of this, or something?

As for class action, I'm waiting excitedly to get my $20 from the credit card international transaction class action lawsuit sometime in the next 5 years. That's assuming that the pool of funds isn't exhausted and they end up distributing less, or nothing. Keep in mind the attorneys are requesting 33% or something of the settlement, plus a few million in expenses. Point being, class action is worthless if you want something as a consumer. It's only effective to penalize a corporation.
Message 213 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

*new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself? Please help!

Thanks Pil. Well I had two alerts this month. One I expected when I opened a new credit card. Those points were deducted prior to the wonderful 52 point drop by SM. So I know the difference in the reporting... the 52 points clearly came with the SM MyFico alert with their wonderful wording. I should have had paid this loan off last year when I settled on my previous home, but no I was keeping it as a reference. Live and learn.
Message 214 of 214
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.