Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old charged off accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old charged off accounts

how long does it take for old charged off account to fall off of your credit report. these account were included in a bankruptcy. there open dates go back as far as 1999.

what is the removal date set from, when the account was opened, when it was closed or the last transaction date.

please i need to know. i have (4) accounts that i believe should be removed in september of this year, because they were opened in september of 2000, but the closed dates were in 2003.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dallas01
New Contributor

7 years on collections and 7 to 10 years on BK's. I'm not...

7 years on collections and 7 to 10 years on BK's. I'm not real sure how they get the exact date to base the 7 years on. Hope that helps a little.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends

rjjmeh wrote:
how long does it take for old charged off account to fall off of your credit report. these account were included in a bankruptcy. there open dates go back as far as 1999.

what is the removal date set from, when the account was opened, when it was closed or the last transaction date.

please i need to know. i have (4) accounts that i believe should be removed in september of this year, because they were opened in september of 2000, but the closed dates were in 2003.

The date opened won't matter it the date of delinquency.  Were thes accounts charged off or were they closed in good standing.  Good accounts can remain on indefinitely but 7 1/2 yrs from the date of delinquency for bad accounts though of course you could dispute them right at the 7 year mark and they would probably be removed

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.