cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying down all credit cards………….time frame of score increase ?????

tag
latepayerny
Established Member

Re: paying down all credit cards………….time frame of score increase ?????

great thanks 4 the info !!!! in the next 60 days i plan to pay off the rest of my $15,000 in CC debt .......im about 65% on debt to credit ratio on the rest of the $15,000 .............but im just getting anxious to see my score rise with what i paid off so far ( this is what i paid off discover $10,500.... macys $7000..... amazon visa $4000..... cap1 $800)

Message 21 of 26
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

If you pay off all of your cards, short of the 1-9% util, I wouldn't be surprised if your score hovers around 800. Like you, I had no lates, a very long history, and maxed out cards. My FICO was 692. My FICO now is 820 after paying down to near 0.
FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 22 of 26
latepayerny
Established Member

thats fantastic,  great work on your part, i hope to be up there with you soon !!! i will re-post soon !! thanks everyone for your great input !!!!

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been building credit so that I can buy a house. I am so happy today! A couple of weeks ago I paid my little $300 limit credit card from 98% utilization down to 4%, and so far I got an increase today from EQ 45 points and EX 30! I am now where I need to be for first time homebuyer, in Kentucky, I now qualify for KHC! Happy dance!
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats amazing! I dont know you but I'm really happy for you, because I know the struggle.. I am in the same boat now. I got 2 CC's both were at 98% UTL and I paid them both 1 to a 0 balance and the other is 1% but only one of them reported and I got a 23-27 point increase , the other reports on the 20th and I need 33 points .. I am praying and my fingers are crossed !

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been building credit so that I can buy a house. I am so happy today! A couple of weeks ago I paid my little $300 limit credit card from 98% utilization down to 4%, and so far I got an increase today from EQ 45 points and EX 30! I am now where I need to be for first time homebuyer, in Kentucky, I now qualify for KHC! Happy dance!

Message 25 of 26
latepayerny
Established Member

paying down CC !! eq 704, tu 702, ex 697------ this was my credit score in 10-14-14, i paid down $35,000 of my CC, leaving just $4000 on 2 no interest store CC (lazy boy-pc richards) my only debt is the $4000 i owe and my mortage ...... ive never been late on ANY payments !!! my CS is now EQ 802, TU 790, EX 769  !!! thank you guys for all your help !!! IVE REACHED MY GOAL , AND I COULDNT BE ANY HAPPIER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.