Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"NOT ON RECORD" versus "$0"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"NOT ON RECORD" versus "$0"

Is it worth disputing the information on your credit report if the balance and past due amounts are reported as "NOT ON RECORD" instead of $0.  My Experian report is significantly lower than TU and EQ and that is the only real difference.

If I can get my score to jump 15-20 points by having the information corrected, it is worth it.  I don't want to be a pain, though.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "NOT ON RECORD" versus "$0"

EX hates me too.
I don't think that is the reason why it's lower.

Any INQ's?
Any Baddies?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same INQs for past years as TU and EQ.  There are fewer derogatory items on EX (one student loan dropped off - was transferred to other lender in 2002).

Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would dispute... You want the $0 reported.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

isn't there some danger in having good TL's deleted doing this?

@Tuscani wrote:

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, indeed. And personally, I think they do it to discourage disputes. 

EX did what they called "a full update" on my report after a recent dispute I filed, and I lost 4 old positive tradelines which did not verify. Two of these accounts were going to drop in June 2008 anyway, but the other two were supposed to be left on until 2012 and 2013, given 10 years after date of last activity rule. 

I complained to EX and they said, "We can't do anything about it." They said talk to the creditors who did not verify the information. I lost 8 points in that little game with EX. I don't understand why they are allowed to tamper with positive information that's been in their files for years.

Next thing I knew, the exact same 4 old accounts were gone at TU also. I complained to TU and the CSA told me her supervisor would review the file and let me know about restoration. They took my phone number and promised to call back. No call ever came. 

To date, EQ has not deleted these 4 good accounts, but I'm holding my breath. 
Message 6 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

Yes, but it is worth the risk. Plus getting it reinserted should not be too difficult.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just check all 3 reports-
TU and EQ have $0 listed for my paid accounts,

EX has $0 for open accounts with zero balance and "Not on record" for ALL of my closed PIF accounts.

Direct from EX it has N/A for recent balance on closed accounts.

Is this not Normal?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.