cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Too Many Accoutns with Balances"? I only have 1 credit account...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Too Many Accoutns with Balances"? I only have 1 credit account...

Wells Fargo is telling me I my FICO score was impacted for having too many accoutns with balances, but I only have 1 credit card that I use. I have 2 others, but I only use them for special circumstances and they have both had 0 blanace on them for a year.  Is there a way to check which accounts it thinks I have? I guess I want to make sure someone else isn't openign lines of credit in my name...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Too Many Accoutns with Balances"? I only have 1 credit account...

Well first i would recommend getting a copy of all 3 credit reports from here my fico , or credit karma , experian , annualcreditreport.com just to name a few . Go through them one by one to check if any accounts are not yours and if so you can dispute. 

Good luck 👍 

Message 2 of 5
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Also ! Welcome to the forums bud there's alot of information here to read and many people with great expertise.  Lets us know if you have any questions after you take a look at your reports 🤘

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wells Fargo is telling me I my FICO score was impacted for having too many accoutns with balances, but I only have 1 credit card that I use. I have 2 others, but I only use them for special circumstances and they have both had 0 blanace on them for a year.  Is there a way to check which accounts it thinks I have? I guess I want to make sure someone else isn't openign lines of credit in my name...

I agree with @Fico82  you should immediately investigate this thoroughly.

When you say that "Wells Fargo" is telling you this, are you saying that you were turned down for credit and they said that they used a particular bureau's credit report, and that "too many accounts with balances" was affecting your score there?  If so you just need to get your report from that particular bureau.

BTW never using 2 of your 3 cards could lead to them being closed.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 5
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Seems about right, that even when using 1 card, that code is coming up. After Fico has to ding consumers for something. I was getting that code, but I was using 3 cards and now that code went away and now I have, short revolving history. Its always going to be something. I learned to not care about these codes anymore

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.