Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebucketed at EQ?

tag
Andrew22
Regular Contributor

rebucketed at EQ?

So, my FICO was 726 on EQ 18 months ago, and has now dropped to 711, even though I've since added a mortgage, have high credit limits, a low ratio of revolving credit (7%).

My TU score  on the other hand is 797.

TU has virtually the same information except  one thing: on both accounts, I had an old closed account with a 30-day late deleted. My report now shows me as having no late payments, which is nice. But EQ shows a public record, a $99 NYS tax judgment filed 11/2007 (paid in 2009).

I wonder how I could have 726 with a 30-day late and a public record in early 2011, and a 711 with no late payments, only the public record?

Judging from the TU report, I'm guessing it is a bucket issue. When my 30-day late fell off, I moved into a clean bucket. And of those in the clean bucket, having a public record puts me lower.

I assume this because what else could explain an 86 point difference between TU and EQ with only the public record being different?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.