Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what score is consider good?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: what score is consider good?

@fused wrote:
It's my understanding that a good FICO score is 680+, very good 720+ and excellent is 760+.

Those are the numbers I go by myself. How has the noble experiment worked out for you?
Message 21 of 34
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@fused wrote:
It's my understanding that a good FICO score is 680+, very good 720+ and excellent is 760+.

Those are the numbers I go by myself. How has the noble experiment worked out for you?

Are you talking about having only three of my revolving accounts reporting 1-9% util? If so, I'm still waiting for my accounts to update, it's taking a long time for some reason.
Message 22 of 34
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Please keep us posted. I am curious to see the results. My bet is no difference to speak of. Just a hunch.
Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Five years ago my Fico was below 600. As of today is very close to 700.

Unfortunate it takes 5 years to get from below 600 to 700.
 I know, have had excellent credit for 3 years and it (my score) just kind of plays this game of going up and down but never really going anywhere in that time.  I cannot get past 660.
It is just a big game the credit companies play with us.
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

zman wrote:
Unfortunate it takes 5 years to get from below 600 to 700.

Umm, no. Everyone's situation is different, so there aren't any hard and fast X points gain or loss in Y period of time.

I went from high 500s in April to mid 600s in September. DW went from low 600s to low 700s in that same time. 75 to 100 points can be done without divine or legal intervention, and some have achieved even larger jumps in a period of months.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: The magic number has been changed.

It is now, no longer, 739. Henceforthwith, the magic number is: 727

That is all.

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the number 777
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score was 740 for a long time.  I spoke with a financial advisor who recommended that I get rid of all my store credit cards and keep 1 major credit card.  Since then my credit score has gone up over 100 pnts and my most recent Transunion report showed a score of 845.

I pay off my credit card each month
I pay extra on my student loans when I can
I paid off my 5 year car loan in 3

I hate debt.
Message 28 of 34
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Alyssa wrote:
My credit score was 740 for a long time.  I spoke with a financial advisor who recommended that I get rid of all my store credit cards and keep 1 major credit card.  Since then my credit score has gone up over 100 pnts and my most recent Transunion report showed a score of 845.

Was the 740 a real score or a FAKO like the TU score?

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 29 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Alyssa wrote:

I pay off my credit card each month
I pay extra on my student loans when I can
I paid off my 5 year car loan in 3

I hate debt.

I hate debt, too. That is why I have hardly any debt at all (mortgage, last remnant of student loan, home equity line of credit not yet used which will be converted to a fixed loan when remodeling is done.)

I have 5 credit cards with a total of $52K+ available credit, and no balances on any of them. My scores (which are FICO) are low because of past sloppiness in repayments. No bankruptcies, no collections, no judgments. I don't jump when the phone rings, or when someone knocks on the door.

Please don't join the mob of people who think that having credit is having debt. It's not.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.