cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what you gonna do with your big ole fico score?

tag
girlie
Regular Contributor

Re: what you gonna do with your big ole fico score?

i am going to purchase another house at a great rate.  i live in cali where the prices are high and half a point makes a huge difference.  i am going to lease the car of my dreams in a few years.  i am self employed so leasing is a great tax write off for me and makes sense.  i am going to obsess about the book i have been talking about writing for two years.  i am going to travel to beautiful places where i have always wanted to go with the miles i am wracking up on my new amex delta miles card.  i am going to give more to charity with the money i save not checking my dang fico scores 10 times a monthSmiley Surprised
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know what kind of scores you need @ Cingular...well AT&T..w/o paying the deposit. I think someone said they pull from EQ 
Message 22 of 34
girlie
Regular Contributor

oh yeah, i am going to enjoy living in a nearly debt free existence for once in my life and actually throw away all those pre-approved credit line offers i receive unless they're really goodSmiley Wink
Message 23 of 34
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SGT_F wrote:
Does anybody know what kind of scores you need @ Cingular...well AT&T..w/o paying the deposit. I think someone said they pull from EQ 

No, but that would be me who complained about them pulling EQ all the time  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 24 of 34
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

By the time I reach 700, the bar will have moved and 900 will be the median.  Sigh ... as such is life.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is some truth to this post. Still funny.

MidnightVoice wrote:

masdeocho wrote:

Three guesses what the underwriters will check  ...

And you can probably add undertakers to that list  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Darn!  I applied for a CLI, from Home Depot (Citibank) so I can finally replace the door to the boys' room, that was damaged during Hurricane Wilma, and was approved -- but they did a HARD HIT on Experian!  One more inquiry, added to the mix.  Will this have less of an impact because there is an account associated with the inquiry?  Smiley Sad  I thought they'd do a soft pull since I have an account in good standing with them.  Never paid late and always over the minimum.  O, well.  Now I know what to expect from Citibank!
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks, and i agree ten thousand percent with what you added, mas de ocho. i was passed over for a very intriguing federal position last year, and i am fairly certain that it was due to my credit scores. i had already had a telephone interview and two personal interviews, but got the s*** can after the security clearance was a no-go. all i got was a "we're not interested" letter in the mail; however, my criminal background is squeaky clean, as is everything other than my credit.

If you had defaulted on anything in the past, or were currently behind on debts, that's an auto killer for a clearance most of the time. (Not sure what your credit looks like, so just taking a guess) Sorry, had to chime in on it, used to do some security admin work.
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Does anybody know what kind of scores you need @ Cingular...well AT&T..w/o paying the deposit. I think someone said they pull from EQ

They pulled EQ for me. Not sure of a min score. My EQ was 620 at the time they pulled. I ordered online.. they hit me twice.. when I called, they told me they had to "re-review" my file. Luckily, I got them to recode the second as a soft inq... after speaking with a manager. May of helped since it was an account that was listed under a business they had a contract with to provide discounted services.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my score is at 722, and I am trying to get it up at least 40 points by year's end. My goal is to get rid of my credit cards and use credit cards issued only by credit unions since they don't play the crazy games that the usual suspects(citibank, discover, bofa, etc) plays. Then use my excellent credit to get a good rate from the credit union to get a loan to start my business as I feel "better" giving interest to a credit union than any of the sleazy usual suspects,  and if i get any of those "0% interests rate" cards from the usual suspects I'll just make money off of them. 
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.