Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What you should know about the Dodd-Frank Act

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What you should know about the Dodd-Frank Act

It surely doesn't cover the grave damage from AGGRAVATED IDENTITY THEFT. There is no recovery from this type of damage. Why would the 3. credit agencies erase your one good credit item other than just being mean spirited. But to erase your credit score is plain out racist...you feel me. How can you recover from that?
Message 61 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my first post! Looking forward to  learning, sharing, and becoming an advocate for those who have been destroyed by inaccuracies and DTP that  have caused identity profiling,.Data that is bought, sold, and shared throughout many CRA's if I data is accurate can be helpful however if the data is not accurate the impact has a snowball effect that has the potential to destroy consumers. The horror stories that have cost us thousands of dollars in banking fees and return checks by their software that is designed to prey on consumers who have high risk evaluation. The bonus and commissions that fund bankers and employees is criminal. I pray for the day that I can verify the wrongs that have been inflicted unfairly because of the data and DTP that has followed me wherever bank I go. The deceptivenessliterally takes my breath away and causes panic attacks. To be labelled a hot check writer because a bank feels their powerful enough to abuse consumers because of their BBP and profiling the consumer is slander in the most cruel form. I know banking because I worked for one prior to data and software. We did not use consumers to cause them harm after long term layoffs. For  twenty years., unknown to the data that was being used and the inaccuracies of the data began to evaluate our credit as high risk. Lenders and landlords, banks, insurers, and other CRA's who use this data to offer products and services that are deceptive, unfair, and designed to fail consumers, cost hundreds of thousands of dollars over a twenty year period. Banks want consumers direct deposit but then they take the deposit and use it to create fees and blame the consumer for not spending their money wisely or for not paying attention if the consumer is in their system. Bank of America is the only bank that did the ethical thing and returned the three thousand in fees. Wells Fargo has found a way to creatively manipulate our account and has returned every check I have written outside of their bank. Wood forest bank should be closed indefinitely and Chase is as cruel as the others. To cause consumers to not be able to cover rent or to share information that is created by their DTP should have to pay for the damages. Eventually as in my case it causes losses and keeps me from getting a job. I am speaking up and out because it is time for the truth to be exposed. As of this Friday we will be without a home because of the injustices caused by the systematically flawed CRA's. After discovering our credit reports have been outsourced to foreign countries that do not have the same laws that the United States has. It seems that our identities have been sold out to foreign investors as well as investors in the United States that do not have ethics nor do they have high risk  consumers best interest in mind. Creditors that are unwilling to treat high risk consumers fair use fico scores and credit history to decide how the consumer accounts will be treated. If consumers that have inaccuracies, and are high risk it is likely the creditor will manipulate payments and cause consumer accounts to go into default. Then their accounts are sold to debt buyer investors, after the creditor has fulfilled their commitment to the contract but because of the BBP that are used the accounts are forced into default and consumer who is labelled high risk should have built their credit score up and had the right to rebuild but instead faces added years to their ongoing troubles. The downward spiral in our case was so severe that while renting an apartment a landlord evicted us and while on an appeal removed our property and by doing so caused ruin and losses, exposed our identities and documents that have slandered and ruined our lives. When years of data that is not accurate or that lenders have treated consumers with malice the losses will be impossible to correct. As a country and a citizen we have to all pay attention to these violations that are inhumane. To write this is not easy because of the fear of more retaliation however as in our case we make enough money but cannot rent, or purchase a home. All of the thirty years of savings and retirements have been used on fees, fines, high interest, job layoffs, healthcare that insurances would not cover and the list goes on and on. When a consumer is not on any type of financial assistance, vouchers, but is middle class workers they are vulnerable to these attacks because they are left unprotected. When the consumer is not high risk but has been unfairly rated for twenty years the consequences are overwhelming and eventually costs consumers to lose everything including th ability to rent a property. This ruin is so devastating that it is unspeakable and overwhelming because when consumers are not able to afford an attorney or they are unaware of the third party interference until total destruction has been inflicted; it is at best overwhelming . Please understand that mistakes and debts that we owe will be paid or they are paid. How can consumers who are misjudged,displaced and unfairly evaluated get out of the abyss of  these flawed systems? Disputes and letters have failed to correct the violations and inaccuracies.

Message 62 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is about time that steps were taken to protect consumers, it needs to go a little more in depth to protect consumers in their right to know their real credit score at any given time, I have been given proprietary scores ranging from 500 to 780, within a months time.. Also consumers should have the right to seek credit without the lenders thinking they are desperate , especially when someone is trying to rebuild credit, it seems that credit bureaus love to second guess everyone, let's take high utilization rate for instance, around Christmas isn't the average consumers utilization rate more likely to rise during this time of year, the credit bureaus lead a consumer in a maze, for instance you don't have enough credit, wait a minute now you have too much credit, the credit system is geared toward the lender not the consumer I think it is all a big racquet,just my opinion

Message 63 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

This ACT should also have a provision that eliminates all the different FICO scoring models.   Instead of the mortgage lenders score and the auto lenders score models.  THERE should be only ONE FICO score per bureau.    

Message 64 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Barry, I don't know if the Dodd Frank Act is being used in Georgia. It didn't say whether it governs car dealerships and their abusive practices when applying for a car loan. Mike Patton Chrysler just ran a fast one on me by running a car application to 8 different financial institutions, they even submitted an

application as a new member to Kinetic Credit Union without my consent. I feel Mike Patton Chrysler's abusive practices need to be checked. My credit score now is 613. So I feel was taken the advantage of by Mike Patton and his abusive practices.

Message 65 of 86
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

In June 2015, a Missouri dealership group ran my information 8 times with lenders. I did not know until the deal went south and I purchased from another dealer who only had one inquiry. I confronted the first dealer and have yet to hear anything. Is there a way I can get these off my report?
Message 66 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

To those who are complaining about interchange fees, don't. 

If you're a small business owner, you work for the customer. The card companies work for the customer. The credit card companies don't work for you as a small business owner. Limiting any interchange fee is anti-capitalist and anti-competitive. Raise your prices if you want to accept credit cards or go out of business and get a job where you work for someone instead.... That's how capitalism works. 

Look at what has happened as a result of debit interchange fee caps... Free checking has disappeared for consumers at most banks. Banks have also played with monthly debit card fees for consumers, and debit card rewards programs have disappeared. Do you really think the banks are eating that cost? Nope. 

Personally I'd like to never see credit card interchange fees capped.. Because the rewards programs would stink or not exist, and all of the benefits would go away.

The whole point of the Frank-Dodd act is supposed to help the consumer, not the business. I wish people would understand it's not all about the business and that over 99% of the population isn't a business owner. 

Message 67 of 86
nilbig
New Visitor

This legislation focuses on lending practices that have already broken, which is fine, but let's also focus on what's about to break as well.  Pass a bill that does not allow the federal government to back student loans anymore.  Anyone and everyone is getting approved for massive sums of money, and countless people will default on those loans, should the government really be playing that game?  Millions of young adults will dig themselves into a hole that they don't even understand based on this government "guarantee".  If the fed wants to keep doing this, then get some serious financial education requirements in place prior to allowing these kids to borrow any money that's leveraged against tax money.

Message 68 of 86
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

The ITT debacle is an example of the bubble popping. No major news about it or any congressman screaming either. It's going to get ugly when non profit college fall under and many students are stuck with no where to go.
Message 69 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just getting back into the credit seems like they try to rob you on interest rates

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.