A FAQ forum to save time?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Or alternatively.....

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

Setting this up would give our underworked moderators something to do! 

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 10-31-2007 10:15 AM

Strike one!Smiley Very Happy

I didn't notice you had all been on strike  Smiley Very Happy

Why don't you help us form a union and be our representative! We could really use your help Midnight!Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused wrote:

Why don't you help us form a union and be our representative! We could really use your help Midnight!Smiley Very Happy

I am the anti-Moderator, I have come to cast all Moderators out  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 24
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Pay no attention to him, Midnight!  Now get back to work, Fused!Smiley Mad

Barry
Message 13 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I agree that there will be a lot of people who wouldn't use it, but I do think that more newbies would be apt to check something called "FICO FAQ's", or whatever, than "Frequently Requested Threads." While I went to Credit Scoring 101 immediately (without prompting from LL Tuscani, I might add!) and then to the abbreviations thread, it was a while before I looked at the freq req thread site. My 80-year-old mother knows what a FAQ link is and uses them all the time.

I especially like the idea of them being locked! That would keep compulsive repliers from dragging the thread OT.

Why no, I don't know anyone like that; why do you ask??! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

fused wrote:

I am the anti-Moderator, I have come to cast all Moderators out  Smiley Very Happy

I will be adding a new abbrev to the common abbrevs thread, MV = most vulnerable!Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

Yeah, we want higher pay, better working conditions, more retirement benefits, paid vacation time, and most of all, higher FICO scores.

I do have some good news for you Mods. I've been in negotiations with senior people at FI, and they're going to double your Moderator pay backdated to September 1. They also have increased your retirement benefits--now you can work until you're 98 before retiring. On FICO scores, they've added 100 points to all your scores, but you're now being scored from 100 to 5000.

Message 16 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Seriously, though, has the coffin lid been screwed down on the creation of a FAQs link? There's a real need for it, IMO.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 24
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Seriously, though, has the coffin lid been screwed down on the creation of a FAQs link? There's a real need for it, IMO.

Seems we should be able to put something like that together without too much trouble.  Would you be willing to help, Hauling?

Barry
Message 18 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sure. Don't know the technical details, but as you can tell, I do know how to type!
Message 19 of 24
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Sure. Don't know the technical details, but as you can tell, I do know how to type!

Yes, I couldn't help but notice those great typing skills! Smiley Wink

Raine and I will be working on this, so stay tuned....

Barry
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.