Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Product that Wasn't Purchased

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged for Product that Wasn't Purchased

I attempted to purchase ScoreWatch and pay monthly earlier this afternoon. I was given an error and sent an email stating I would need to call customer support to order.It is Saturday and the office is closed.  My debit card was charged immediately for $89.95. I can not affford this and my bank account is tied up until Tuesday as Monday is a holiday. I am very disappointed in this site and do not want ANY MyFico products. How do I get this charge removed? Even if I wanted to keep it I can't access the report. There is nothing listed under my products.  Has this happen to anyone else? I just want my money refunded. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Charged for Product that Wasn't Purchased

I know that with credit cards, it just goes to pending, and if a report can't generate or something, the pending charge gets canceled. I haven't used it with a debit card. I'm sorry this happened to you, and on a holiday weekend, too.

I'm sure they'll be able to cancel it OK when they get back in the office, but it does look like you're stuck for now. Smiley Sad

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm PST
Sat 7am to 4pm PST
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Charged for Product that Wasn't Purchased

AngryandBroke wrote:
I attempted to purchase ScoreWatch and pay monthly earlier this afternoon. I was given an error and sent an email stating I would need to call customer support to order.It is Saturday and the office is closed.  My debit card was charged immediately for $89.95. I can not affford this and my bank account is tied up until Tuesday as Monday is a holiday. I am very disappointed in this site and do not want ANY MyFico products. How do I get this charge removed? Even if I wanted to keep it I can't access the report. There is nothing listed under my products.  Has this happen to anyone else? I just want my money refunded. Thanks.

Sorry, AngryandBroke....That pre-authorization charge is something that's set by the credit card processor and your bank, and myFICO has no control over it.  It's not an actual charge but a hold on the funds.

We have completed your Score Watch order so that you now have a free Equifax report and FICO score, and 30 days to try it out at no charge.  Then if you want to cancel before being charged, use this link to cancel.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.