cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scores displayed on posts? Yes or No?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scores displayed on posts? Yes or No?

I realize maybe not everyone would want to do this but since many of us do share our FICO scores here I thought it would be a neat idea to have them like an avatar in the beginning or end of each of our posts.  It would be directly from this site so it could not be manipulated and would have the date as well.  Kind of like embedded pictures from the 'My Purchases' section of this site with just the FICO score and date, no other personal information.  Ideally, it would update as we purchased updated reports, show ??? when no score was recorded, and show who was reporting (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian).  Does this make sense?  It's kind of hard to explain but perhaps you all get the picture (So next to my 'blue water' gif for example, the post would also show my FICO scores.  Of course, the option would be there to display it or not.  What do you all think?  Sorry for the rambling, long day at work!!!!!!!! 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scores displayed on posts? Yes or No?

Yes...then we could start a pool on who will be the first to crack 800. Or I could use my awesome moderator powers to set all mine to "851."

While that's an interesting notion, if would likely require too much programming to implement. But if you want to publish your FICOs, there's always your .sig.
Message 2 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
Yes...then we could start a pool on who will be the first to crack 800.

Not much of a pool - we have people already!
But back to the question - no, because it would also raise a whole host of legal questions of privacy.

And certain people might not want their real scores shown
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 9
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

An intriguing idea for sure.  Just the latest example of the unbounded creativity out there in this community.

Unfortunately Midnight is probably right that even if we could do this our lawyers would have my hide in a minute.

TNWM's suggestion of posting your score in your sig may just have to be the next best thing.

Thanks for the cool suggestion, usafjay!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

TNWM's suggestion of posting your score in your sig may just have to be the next best thing.

I think this option is a good one as the poster has to elect the option to do it, therefore the
liability lies on the posters option of doing it, as long as there is some kind of statement or
Disclaimer covering Myfico when the option is elected then there covered..

Message Edited by Tmleverage on 08-10-2007 05:04 AM
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly right, that's why users would have the option to post their scores.  If people don't wish to share than they obviously wouldn't have to do so.  What do you guys think?  Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmleverage wrote:

I think this option is a good one as the poster has to elect the option to do it, therefore the
liability lies on the posters option of doing it, as long as there is some kind of statement or
Disclaimer covering Myfico when the option is elected then there covered..

Message Edited by Tmleverage on 08-10-2007 05:04 AM

I like it.  I think you would see quite a few using that option.  It's not like were secretive about our own scores, as a rule everybody is pretty open about it. 
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but as someone pointed out, some lawyer somewhere might object, and since America is a nation of slaves to lawyers, we can't have that. Not to mention the technical challenges on Fiar-Isaac's part of enabling that option.
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.