cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to create a new account - locked out of old with no way to reset.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to create a new account - locked out of old with no way to reset.

I need help.  I had an account that I got locked out of with no way to reset or unlock.

I do NOT have a true myFICO account (with DOB and SSN), only a forum / community account.  I have called, and was told without a SSN on file, they cannot help me.  I tried online support and told to call.  It's an endless cycle.

If I do the trouble logging in piece, it says this...

"For your security, your account has been locked. Please contact us to unlock your account."

Then, I enter my email address, and it says this.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to uniquely identify your account based on the information provided.

Please create a new account* or call us at 1-800-319-4433"

I have used the same email address for both usernames. I have reached out to the moderator who told me to post here.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Had to create a new account - locked out of old with no way to reset.

@Anonymous wrote:

I need help.  I had an account that I got locked out of with no way to reset or unlock.

I do NOT have a true myFICO account (with DOB and SSN), only a forum / community account.  I have called, and was told without a SSN on file, they cannot help me.  I tried online support and told to call.  It's an endless cycle.

If I do the trouble logging in piece, it says this...

"For your security, your account has been locked. Please contact us to unlock your account."

Then, I enter my email address, and it says this.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to uniquely identify your account based on the information provided.

Please create a new account* or call us at 1-800-319-4433"

I have used the same email address for both usernames. I have reached out to the moderator who told me to post here.  Can anyone help?

Using the same email on two accounts is why the system can't do a reset for you.

Change the email address on this account to something different; you can do that from the myFICO dashboard.  If you have problems finding the dashboard this link should work:  https://secure.myfico.com/dashboard 

Once on the dashboard, you'll see your name in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.  Click that, then choose 'Personal Info' from the drop-down.  Update your email address, making sure to click the <Submit> button at the bottom when you're finished.

After you make the change logout then login again to make sure the change "takes" on the forum side, you can check that here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1116431 

Once the two accounts have different email addresses the online reset tool should be able to do the password reset on the other account.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not work.

I made this account strictly after all these attempts have failed to reset it.  

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

What part didn't work? 

Unfortunately I'm unable to update that info for you... it must be done by you from the dashboard.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.