cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you mention, AKA, @ someone in a post?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

How do you mention, AKA, @ someone in a post?

I get emails all the time when my username is mentioned in other posts, but when I @someone, it doesn't turn the name into a hyperlink, like on Facebook

@deebee78 @irish80 @uncleb - nope Smiley Very Happy

I don't see an option for it in the rich text editor toolbar either, so how do you do it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you mention, AKA, @ someone in a post?

@DeeBee78wrote:

@I get emails all the time when my username is mentioned in other posts, but when I @Anonymous, it doesn't turn the name into a hyperlink, like on Facebook

@DeeBee78 @Anonymous @UncleB - nope Smiley Very Happy

I don't see an option for it in the rich text editor toolbar either, so how do you do it?

@Anonymous ability to use the @ symbol to tag another person is currently only available to Moderators and Community Leaders.  It's possible that it may be extended to all forum members at a later date but nothing is for sure.

Message 2 of 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you mention, AKA, @ someone in a post?

@Anonymouswrote:

@DeeBee78wrote:

@I get emails all the time when my username is mentioned in other posts, but when I @Anonymous, it doesn't turn the name into a hyperlink, like on Facebook

@DeeBee78 @Anonymous @UncleB - nope Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous ability to use the @ symbol to tag another person is currently only available to Moderators and Community Leaders.  It's possible that it may be extended to all forum members at a later date but nothing is for sure.

Thanks for the answer, but that's disappointing to hear.  Smiley Sad  

It would make posts you're mentioned in much easier to find and navigate, since we don't use threaded replies. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.