Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change username ?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How to change username ?

I am not sure if it is the right place to post this message. If not please move it to right place. I am looking for the information to change my username. If I remember few years ago I was able to change it my self to a new user name.  I do not see that option in my settings. What is the procedure. Could some one send me a link. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: How to change username ?

@Red1Blue wrote:

I am not sure if it is the right place to post this message. If not please move it to right place. I am looking for the information to change my username. If I remember few years ago I was able to change it my self to a new user name.  I do not see that option in my settings. What is the procedure. Could some one send me a link. Thanks.

@Red1Blue  Post in myFICO® Forums Technical Help and a moderator should be able to assist.

Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Red1Blue you can either request a new user ID by replying to this thread, by using the Report Inappropriate Content link on any post (three dots menu), or by sending a PM to myself or any other moderator.

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Did things or policies changed. I think it was around 2006 or 2007, I was able to change the username by my self. Things might have changed in the forum since then. There is no pressing need for me to change my user name for now.  I'll reach out to one of Mods if I need help. Thanks for prompt response to my question.

Message 4 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The forums were created in 2007.  At least as of 2009, users of these forums were unable to change their own usernames.  I am unsure about the 2 years prior; it doesn't seem like an option that would (or should) have been enabled.

Message 5 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

The forums were created in 2007.  At least as of 2009, users of these forums were unable to change their own usernames.  I am unsure about the 2 years prior; it doesn't seem like an option that would (or should) have been enabled.

I checked. I became a member in September 2007. I changed my user name to concorduser. It used to be some thing different before that. That time there was an online option to change the username. Policies might have changed over the period of time since 2007. I was going to change the user name to reflect some thing now instead of 2007. It is okay, it does not matter. My rebuild should complete in the next few months any way. Thanks for your input.

Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No problem.  If it was enabled originally in 2007, it was disabled by 2009 as there are posts directing people to send private messages to have them changed.

Message 7 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No problem.  If it was enabled originally in 2007, it was disabled by 2009 as there are posts directing people to send private messages to have them changed.

Wow.  It was almost like yesterday that I joined the Forum in 2007. Time Flies.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.