cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change username ?

Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

How to change username ?

I am not sure if it is the right place to post this message. If not please move it to right place. I am looking for the information to change my username. If I remember few years ago I was able to change it my self to a new user name.  I do not see that option in my settings. What is the procedure. Could some one send me a link. Thanks.

Gardening since 08/2020
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Super Contributor

Re: How to change username ?


@Rebuild2022 wrote:

I am not sure if it is the right place to post this message. If not please move it to right place. I am looking for the information to change my username. If I remember few years ago I was able to change it my self to a new user name.  I do not see that option in my settings. What is the procedure. Could some one send me a link. Thanks.


@Rebuild2022  Post in myFICO® Forums Technical Help and a moderator should be able to assist.

Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Moderator

Re: How to change username ?

@Rebuild2022 you can either request a new user ID by replying to this thread, by using the Report Inappropriate Content link on any post (three dots menu), or by sending a PM to myself or any other moderator.

Message 3 of 8
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: How to change username ?

Did things or policies changed. I think it was around 2006 or 2007, I was able to change the username by my self. Things might have changed in the forum since then. There is no pressing need for me to change my user name for now.  I'll reach out to one of Mods if I need help. Thanks for prompt response to my question.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 4 of 8
K-in-Boston
Moderator

Re: How to change username ?

The forums were created in 2007.  At least as of 2009, users of these forums were unable to change their own usernames.  I am unsure about the 2 years prior; it doesn't seem like an option that would (or should) have been enabled.

Message 5 of 8
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: How to change username ?


@K-in-Boston wrote:

The forums were created in 2007.  At least as of 2009, users of these forums were unable to change their own usernames.  I am unsure about the 2 years prior; it doesn't seem like an option that would (or should) have been enabled.


I checked. I became a member in September 2007. I changed my user name to concorduser. It used to be some thing different before that. That time there was an online option to change the username. Policies might have changed over the period of time since 2007. I was going to change the user name to reflect some thing now instead of 2007. It is okay, it does not matter. My rebuild should complete in the next few months any way. Thanks for your input.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Moderator

Re: How to change username ?

No problem.  If it was enabled originally in 2007, it was disabled by 2009 as there are posts directing people to send private messages to have them changed.

Message 7 of 8
Rebuild2022
Super Contributor

Re: How to change username ?


@K-in-Boston wrote:

No problem.  If it was enabled originally in 2007, it was disabled by 2009 as there are posts directing people to send private messages to have them changed.


Wow.  It was almost like yesterday that I joined the Forum in 2007. Time Flies.

Gardening since 08/2020
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.