Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app on IOS goes haywire after forced reauthentication

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Mobile app on IOS goes haywire after forced reauthentication

This issue cropped up a couple of months ago under IOS 14.x and still occurs under IOS 15. 

When the mobile app forces a reauthentication of my login credentials and after I reenable TouchID the splash screen showing my FICO 8 scores comes up but goes into a loop where the screen repeatedly refreshes about once per second and I cannot break out of it within the app.   If I force-close it via the hold-button-swipe-up procedure or reboot my iPhone and then restart the app it will work normally until the next time I'm directed to reauthenticate. 

It's not a dealbreaker but it is a recurring nuisance and I'm noting in case this is a known issue and/or I need to modify a setting or settings to address it.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Mobile app on IOS goes haywire after forced reauthentication

I'm quite late in responding to this, but I have also been experiencing this issue for a while and it happened again a few days ago on the most recent version 3.0.5 (1) of the app and iOS 15.1.1  It happens every single time I have authenticate again and enable Face ID (@coldfusion mentioned Touch ID, so it's definitely common to biometrics) and the only way to get it to stop is a forced close.

Message 2 of 3
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mobile app on IOS goes haywire after forced reauthentication

I have this same issue on iOS. 

I find it odd that I have to frequently re-set up the PIN and reallow Face ID. It defeats the purpose of enabling those features (conveniently and securely authenticate without the need to enter a password) if I have to log in with password, turn on Face ID, and choose a PIN again and again. I should only have to do this once on the same device like every other app that has this feature. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.