tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What's with the 2FA???

@Have1 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Have1 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I'm not prompted for 2fa, but I know others are. 

We mere mortals often bear burdens which the elite eschew.

😂 We literally go through the same thing everyone else does. No special treatment at all.

Sure, sure.  You're just homespun folk in tune with the hoi polloi. The titles, wigs and fancy frock coats are just the only thing your valet left where you could find them this afternoon when you arose.  The struggle is real. 👍

(You do realize that I am riffing on your selfy, right?  Man, that fluffy neck scarf has to tickle.)

Lol, quite aware, I got a good laugh from your responses. Just stating for others. 

Message 41 of 55
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Multi-factor Authentication won't stop!

About two weeks ago I started getting a window asking me to enter a code sent to my email EVERY TIME I log  in to the site. It doesn't matter if I click "save this device". The moment I log in from my second laptop it loses track of the first device and asks me to verify it once again when I login.

I use two computers to browse the site. 

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? It wasn't a problem before .. It started happening about two weeks ago!

Current Cards:
Message 42 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multi-factor Authentication won't stop!

In my case I found my browser good ole FireFox was "protecting" me so I could no longer use the browser! Smiley Frustrated

Switched to a different browser when a Lowe's Customer Service Rep explained why they could not approve an online purchase. My browser FireFox was blocking some of the information needed to process approval of my order. Example, FireFox would NOT allow the security code to pass through! Once I ran the order on a different browser it went right through!

Went back to other sites and banks where the same situation had been happening and switched from FireFox to a different browser!

Aw, I was in like Flynn. Smiley Happy

Also, related to MyFico, too rid myself of the hassle you described in logging in (multi-step verification), it was necessary for me to use a different browser and cast FireFox aside (which after months of hassle I gladly did). How all this may tie into our actual computer hardware and it's role in this is beyond my pay grade?!

See additional posting down thread!

Message 43 of 55
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Strangely, I have the issue with Chrome but not with Firefox so I'm not really sure what's up with that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry I can't offer more words of wisdom, @CreditPacMan. Smiley Sad  Since the forums use the myFICO single sign-on we forum mods have no control over how it works, and we find out about changes when you do.

If you want more specific info or need help with settings to prevent it, you can reach out to FICO customer service directly.  They can be reached at 1-800-319-4433 (Mon - Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time).

Message 44 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB

Glad you chimed in ... now I am really confused? FireFox works for you! Also, Chrome gives you challenges?

Now I will say ... I changed many settings in FireFox over a two month period and NEVER was able to find a solution. The problem(s) were compounded by the frequent updates FireFox made to the software. Once a Vendor told me how to solve the problem by using another browser so I quit trying to solve the FireFox challenges. 

FireFox was giving me challeges with many sites and Chase did not like it. Where the type of computer hardware fits in I do NOT know. Will confess, I use more than one type of computer and the same results exist with it's use of FireFox. Different computer hardware ... so go figure? Smiley Surprised

Loved FireFox Heart as it was very fast on my computer and for many years we were "buds" ...?

Now to keep my sanity, it got kicked to the curb!!! Smiley Sad

Message 45 of 55
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@UncleB

Glad you chimed in ... now I am really confused? FireFox works for you! Also, Chrome gives you challenges?

Yep, I've actually never been prompted for the emailed code when using Firefox... not even once. 

Chrome, on the other hand, is a whole 'nother story.  I get asked for the code nearly every time I use it.  I didn't even know what folks were talking about until I went over to Chrome (then I got very familiar with it, LOL).

For those wondering, at the point of login the SSO doesn't know (or care) that I'm a moderator here so that doesn't impact anything... we get treated the same as everybody else.

Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Com'mon @UncleB ... we need a whipping horse and you gracious accept the punishment! Smiley LOL Heart

Message 47 of 55
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I use Firefox, it has not been a problem here on myFico, I have had to input an emailed code a few times but all in all its good. There are some places I have to use Edge at as those sites dont like by Duck Duck Go tracker blocking.

Message 48 of 55
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I've been prompted for 2FA on both mobile / Safari and desktop / FIrefox - haven't been able to determine why / when it will happen though, seems random to me.   Smiley Frustrated

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 49 of 55
kremonis
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I've been prompted for 2FA on both mobile / Safari and desktop / FIrefox - haven't been able to determine why / when it will happen though, seems random to me.   Smiley Frustrated

Is it possible for a user to turn off 2FA on Myfico?

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.