Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back the old site!

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Please bring back the old site!

Agreed. I used to enjoy spending an hour or so on MyFico regularly. Now all I'm doing is stopping by every few days to see if anything has improved. It never has.

Even the simplest things like bad links (the Community link going to the main MyFico page rather than the forums, for example) and the jarring color codes, remain unfixed. I understand that making a complete overhaul of a botched site is a big project, especially if the original designers are incompetent to make the repairs and a new source for web work has to be found. But some of these mistakes could have been fixed literally in minutes and the work isn't being done.

Then there's that vague, soothing "Members, we're listening" announcement that was put up weeks ago and is still sitting there with no further updates, no progress reports, no responsiveness to user and customer concerns. 

I don't want to leave this community because the people and the collective wisdom are outstanding, but I can't navigate the forums comfortably any more and even if I do find a discussion I want to follow, it's painful to try to read.

Message 41 of 45
EW800
Valued Contributor

I absolutely love this site, and am very grateful for it and its contributors, however I do find myself checking in less since the forum change.  I know the powers in charge are looking at it and hopefully will make some changes or go back to the old site, however I sure hope it happens soon.  What this site and its members offer is VERY important.  We need to keep it alive and healthy!  

Hoping that we hear a bit more soon!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have logged in much less since the change. It's really an eye sore on a laptop regardless of which browser I use. I also joined another forum elsewhere but prefered this one for the content and I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did without the advice I received here so I rather be here but it's killing my eyes. I wonder if the people who are loving it are on mobile devices? Cellphones and iPads.  Ugh.

Message 43 of 45
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

No, they have not fixed the mobile experience, either. Huge font, bad formatting (everything looks like it's double spaced and hard-coded to a certain width), and scrolling scrolling scrolling.

I used to be able to scan topics headers at maybe 10-12 per page. Now it's 2-3.

I still read and participate, but like many have said, I spend far less time here per visit than I used to.

The change in what options are available and what information is presented doesn't matter much to me; I can deal with that. It's the WAY everything is formatted that makes it annoying to browse now.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 44 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm another who used to post frequently and find myself on here less and less. The new design is jarring, everyting is way too big, and in general it's just a chore to read where it was much easier on the eyes before.

I hope there are some fixed implemented soon, especially for the mobile version. It's unusable.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.