Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please change the wording on password requirements

tag
neverrain
New Contributor

Please change the wording on password requirements

It says 8 characters minimum and special characters are recommended, yet when I enter a new randomly generated password with special characters, it's not allowed.  Please edit the text to say what the MAXIMUM is, and which special characters are NOT allowed.  I've been updating passwords all day and you guys are literally the ONLY site that does not specify this.

Also, for a site that deal with credit information, there should be NO restrictions on passwords aside from a 64 or 128 character max.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Please change the wording on password requirements

I'll ask if we can get some clarification on the password guidelines;  I know that in some cases there are certain characters, like %, that can't be used due to restrictions built into software/hardware.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Please change the wording on password requirements

Here are the password rules:

The Password field only allows alphanumeric and these special characters: ! @ # $ % ^ & *), and must be at least 8 characters with at least 1 letter and 1 number. Official max. character limit is 30.

I've requested the password screen be updated with this information as well.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.