Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdness on being signed in

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weirdness on being signed in

For a few days now I've noticed that on the forum, occasionally after recently logging in, I'll be in a thread and I'll try to post and it'll ask me to sign in. Or I'll go out to the front page of a forum and read items won't be marked as such and I'll look up and see I'm no longer signed in. 

I think I've narrowed it down to happening on my desktop and when I swipe side to side to go back when I'm in using Safari. I see that there's an update available and I'll go grab that now, but I thought I'd still post this here to let others know they're not alone, see if it's known or just me. I'll post back an update after updating. 

The second, possibly related thing that freaked me out was this morning as I logged in, (I use a password manager) after I entered my credentials it gave me the 'choose a user name, don't use your real name' blurb. I think somewhere in there I may have done the swipe thing which made me put two and two together when the above mentioned thing happened once I was logged in. Anyway after getting the 'choose a user name' thing twice, I may have refreshed in there somewhere, it let me log in fine. 

Safari Version 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2)

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weirdness on being signed in

BEFORE updating, I wanted to check in on a couple threads. Of course to get out of a thread I swiped out of habit, went into the next thread confirmed that I was logged in by seeing my avi up top. (I don't recall if it took me to the new post or not, only on a half cup of coffee so far). I tried to kudo a post and got this Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 7.39.16 AM.png

Sure enough, I was logged out. 

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

AND, if I notice I've swiped out of habit, and see that I'm signed out, I just have to click where it says Sign In and I'm signed in. I don't actually have to sign in again. 

Message 3 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

This is a known issue I believe that surfaced Friday.  We have notified the appropriate people although most likely we won't know anythime until sometime Monday.    Thanks for reporting it though.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I've learned a valuable new keyboard shortcut in the meantime. cmd [ to go back. Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it’s been reported already but I wanted to share info as it’s happening to me too. 

Using iPad. Safari.  Latest iOS. Was not sure if the tech people would find that info helpful. 

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, worst case for me was being signed out, signed back in, click on notification, click on one of the notifications, signed out again. Also using email notification link while signed in in another tab will almost always sign both tabs out. Very hard to navigate, haven't posted much in a few days. Using Chrome.
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here and it's annoying. huh

Message 8 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Thanks for the feedback, everybody... @Cindy_FICO is working on it.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 25
iv
Valued Contributor

Still seeing repeated (half) logouts here... May have bumped my "Total Signins" stat more in the past week than the past year!

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.