Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the PM send threshold so low?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is the PM send threshold so low?

As an active and helpful member, I get a lot of PMs and it has happened a few times now that as I am going through responding to them, I run into the PM limit. I can understand lower limits for newer members to prevent spamming but can't this be changed for higher ranks?

I can't respond to PMs right now @GApeachy and @ToxikPH - but GApeachy no, my history isn't there. It says "We've hit a snag" on the app. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Why is the PM send threshold so low?

For months I have been having to delete messages in order to respond.  What should it be, cause it seems after 20 it locks?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks Saeren, was worried that it was only our bunch.  Appreciate the reach out!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what causes it. It's never said my PM box is full. 

Message 4 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Forum has a limitation of how many PM's can be sent out in a certain time frame, but also buggy as well and have experienced issues with one or two pm's before my current status.  Comes and goes so not sure if you are hitting the x amt of PM sent limitation or the known bug that we have logged

Message 5 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous , you edit a lot.

It will sometimes trip that particular message. 

Maybe try composing in Word and pasting when you're satisfied with the  final version 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Forum has a limitation of how many PM's can be sent out in a certain time frame, but also buggy as well and have experienced issues with one or two pm's before my current status.  Comes and goes so not sure if you are hitting the x amt of PM sent limitation or the known bug that we have logged

This was literally like three PMs within a five minute or so period. I had one day where it did it to me on the second PM. I have other times where I can PM back and forth constantly and it doesn't give me any trouble. I wasn't sure if it was something triggered by frequency or absolute numbers. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous , you edit a lot.

It will sometimes trip that particular message. 

Maybe try composing in Word and pasting when you're satisfied with the  final version 

Hmm, I haven't had it happen when making a post. 

I do know that I tend to edit a lot but even if I typed it up in Word first, the perfectionist in me will still find things to edit after the fact. I have intentionally edited my posts less frequently lately but I'm sure that still seems like a lot. 😂 

Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You're hopeless 😂

It happens to me with PMs and editing all the time when I try to sound smarter than I am, or when I'm fighting English like it stole my purse.😐
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
You're hopeless 😂

It happens to me with PMs and editing all the time when I try to sound smarter than I am, or when I'm fighting English like it stole my purse.😐

I am definitely hopeless but I do try to keep edits for simple mistakes down. I have kept it in the back of my mind since you first informed me that every edit gets seen by CLs 😂 

I didn't think you could even edit a PM? O_o

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.