cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for Raine: can posts and threads found on a search open in a new window?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

for Raine: can posts and threads found on a search open in a new window?

Hi, Raine (and everyone else, for that matter)--

Every now and then I try to find old posts by a member, and when I do the user search and then click on "find all posts by this member," the gi-normous list comes up. When I click on one, it takes me to that post, but in the same window. Then I have to use the back arrow on the browser to get back to the original list. Same thing if you're searching on a term. If you do any moving around on that thread, it can be pretty nightmarish to get back to wherever you were on the original search.

When we're replying to a post, and we click "View discussion in pop-up," a new window opens. (Same as on a Google search and so forth.) It would be pretty spiffy if it worked that way when we're in the search functions as well.

Any chance of doing this?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Raine
Established Contributor

Re: for Raine: can posts and threads found on a search open in a new window?

Oh, that's a good suggestion! I'll pass it along, but I can't make any promises. I'll make sure Barry knows about this suggestion as well!

My only suggestion for right now is to right click on the link and click "open in a new tab" or "new window". That'll keep you from needing to do all the backtracking. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.