Did you mean: 

Alerts unrelated to provided score changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alerts unrelated to provided score changes

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The change in disclaimer, while maybe helpful, almost seems like a bandaid solution.

The proposed disclaimer change and the issue you are describing with the speed of alerts relative to other services are two completely different issues;  It wouldn't be a bandaid to address/fix one (or the other). 

Yes and no. While the score from a free service like CK may be irrelevant to some, I’d say it’s fair to say that the *majority* of the time that a score change happens on CK, it’s clearly spelled out by listing recent changes to the credit report.  This rarely happens with the MF service. 

While a disclaimer is great to assist with saying, “your score changed for, possibly, a bunch of reasons, but MF finally updated so here’s your new score and we can’t really explain why” *might* assist with having to answer a ton of questions on this forum, it doesn’t address that it still leaves the customer in the dark. That’s my point of a bandaid fix. If MF was faster to update, the customer would have a better idea what was behind each change and we might not need such long disclaimer. 

I think we want the same thing, but my desire is to get to the root of the problem, not cover it up with a disclaimer. 

Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are still speaking of 2 different problems, which many times aren't related.  Sometimes they may be, but quite often they are not.

Example:  Cornelius on the 1st of the month obtains his score of 715.  3 days later, an inquiry of his reaches the age of 365 days.  This is not an alertable event (be it MF, CK, whatever).  5 days after that he receives a MF alert that one of his reported revolving balances increased from $50 to $100.  He's provided with a new score at the time, (say) 721.  He wrongly believes that a higher reported balance here means a higher FICO score.  This is what we're trying to avoid Cornelius from [wrongly] believing based on some sort of language or disclaimer.

You're suggesting here that perhaps Cornelius received an alert 3 days earlier from CK than he did from MF for his balance increase from $50 to $100.  Whether he did or he didn't would have absolutely no bearing at all in him understanding the 6 point score gain he received between the 1st of the month and the 9th using my example above.

MF alerts coming quicker and matching the speed of CK or other free services isn't going to fix the problem posed in this thread that many of us have spoken on.  It is a problem for members no doubt, but not strongly related to what has been discussed thus far.

Message 22 of 52
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks, everyone for their feedback. The product team will be working on this update.

Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Thanks, everyone for their feedback. The product team will be working on this update.

That is some of the best news I've read on this forum in a long time.  I [We] really appreciate you taking the time to listen to our concerns regarding this issue and your willingness to react is greatly appreciated.

Message 24 of 52
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Your forums are your driving force, I'll give you that.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Hello Cindy.  I see it's been about 2 months since your last post above and I just wanted to follow up to see if any progress has been made with an update related to what was discussed in this thread.  Thank you.

Message 26 of 52
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Hello Cindy.  I see it's been about 2 months since your last post above and I just wanted to follow up to see if any progress has been made with an update related to what was discussed in this thread.  Thank you.

Hi - we're still working on this. But with the copy length constraints for that section, we will be adding a learn more to an FAQ with additional information and examples.

Message 27 of 52
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Hi - we're still working on this. But with the copy length constraints for that section, we will be adding a learn more to an FAQ with additional information and examples.

Hi @Cindy_FICO 

What are the copy length restraints?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 28 of 52
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cindy_FICO wrote:

Hi @Cindy_FICO 

What are the copy length restraints?

It needs to be around the same length as the current copy, but with legal edits to our suggestions, it would be a lot longer. 

Message 29 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cindy, just checking in again as it's been several more months and it doesn't appear anything has changed.  There are still a ton of confused members over the Fico scoring section of the forum that wrongfully believe that things like paying down utilization lowers their Fico scores due to the way the alerts are being presented by the MF product.  I've had to spend a good amount of time today posting to better inform them, something that should be fixed at the source. 

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.