Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts unrelated to provided score changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alerts unrelated to provided score changes

^^^ and to further emphasize the point BBS is making, we (in this thread) are well aware that alerts don’t necessarily correspond to changes. For the less-aware larger demographic, as the saying goes, “they don’t know what they don’t know”. As we see daily in the forum, people have no idea this is the case and have been given no reason to wonder if alerts always tie in with score changes. There’s no reason it should even enter their minds. Burying the info by embedding links within links within links ensures they’ll never find it. They don’t even know to look for it because there’s no reason why they should. That’s the problem.
Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused as to what benefit MF possesses by not clearly stating this out of the gate.  First it's was not stating it at all.  Now it's making the necessary information difficult to obtain when it should be easy.  Very odd, I must say.   

Message 42 of 52
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for all the feedback. The team knows about them and will take a second stab at this issue. 

Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear Cindy, thank you Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not typically one to resurrect threads that are > 1 year old, but I do believe this thread needs to be revisted by those that have the ability to make a change.  I left the forum for the majority of this year and having returned not long ago have found this same thread issue to have not changed one bit. 

In the Fico Scoring section of this forum in the last week alone I've responded to at least a half dozen confused/misguided subscription members posting again and again thinking that the score change they're provided with at the time of an alert received is because of the alert reason.  Most of the time these members are confused because the score change and alert reason actually have nothing to do with each other.

Why hasn't something be done to stop the madness?  This has literally been going on for years at this point.

Message 45 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crickets.

Perhaps I should paste a link in this thread what would end up being every day to the most recent person that posted about being mislead by the score change / alert from their MF product? 

Message 46 of 52
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Hi - we hear you. 

We’ve written a blog article (https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/blog/unexpected-fico-score-changes) to address this topic, please feel free to direct people to this. 

We have been busy redesigning the desktop and mobile web member center, but we hope to address this issue by linking from alerts to the info in the blog article soon.

Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cindy.

I'm still not understanding why a simple one-liner that states, "Alert reason displayed may have no impact on latest score provided" or something similar.  That's literally all it would take to "fix" this problem that has been going on for years.  Linking the blog article that you posted above is only going to compound the problem, because the first 2 sentences of it written accomplish exactly the opposite of what I am suggesting in my quote above.  The first 2 sentences state:

myFICO subscriptions include FICO® Score monitoring. This means that every time we detect a change in monitored credit file data, we provide the latest FICO Score (version 8) in the alert details.

If I'm reading this, my interpretation is that the score change I'm shown is because of the alert reason.  Period end of story.  This is not what we want members that are paying for this product to think. 

Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just stopping in to note that another month has passed and nothing has changed.  Here is a post from our most recent MF member that has posted thinking that score changes must be related to alert reasons:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Odd-Transunion-Score-Drop-No-Alert-What-...

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.