cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSUMER BEWARE - MYFICO HAS MISLEADING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

tag
rchircu
New Visitor

CONSUMER BEWARE - MYFICO HAS MISLEADING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

I would normally would not have the patience to take the time and write a review after being on the phone with customer service for over 40 minutes, but I need to post this and let other customers know that MYFICO is a fraud!!! Today I was literally misled and misdirected to buy something when I clearly explained to the person on the phone that I was trying to get my free credit score! 

Last year I was able to get my free credit report by putting my credit card and ordering a service which they told me I could cancel within 10 days. I did just that and I got my credit score. Since I was under the assumption that I can get a free credit report with MYFICO every year, I tried to do that. So I called customer service and explained this to them and told them I did it last year and was trying to get my free report for this year but I did not know how to do it or did not see the link. The lady, in customer service, by the name of Atascha, told me to hold and looked into it, and then she came back and she directed me to the "Check my FICO SCORE" page and asked me if I see the "Score watch" product and to click on it. Being under the assumption that this was the same way I did it last year and after she told me I could call and cancel after it, I went ahead and ordered it this way. I was able to get my credit score and then I called customer service and asked them to cancel the service the way i was instructed to, with the expectation that I was not being charged anything.

Instead she told me that I was being charged for that and because I ordered it, I would not be reimbursed but that they would go ahead and cancel the service. The supervisor even listened to the initial conversation and then he came and spoke to me about it. He told me that, I could not expect a free credit report and that at no point did the customer service agent say that they were going to reimburse me but cancel the service... What is not clear about that conversation? I was trying to get my yearly free credit report, which is what I mentioned to her and if that was not possible then they should have told me that and not mislead me into ordering a product that is not refundable.... The supervisor told me "Sir you should have known it was a purchase since you put your card information..." and then when I told him that last year they were not charging for it and the agent never told me I would be charged for it but said I could call and cancel , he said: "Sir, that was last year..."  HOW DO YOU DO BUSINESS LIKE THAT??? misleading customers into buying something when they lead you to believe it was free and they even walk you through it.... He said to me: "She never said you would be reimbursed... She said you could cancel" ... Really, when I clearly said I am looking to get my free yearly credit report? SHAME ON YOU myfico. I am going to make sure I let everyone know how you do business and inform any relevant business authorities in charge of business practices!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CONSUMER BEWARE - MYFICO HAS MISLEADING BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

Sorry for the confusion but yearly annual reports are not sold or furnished here,

You can either get one from each CB .....TU EX EQ

or

this link.... https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

Good Luck and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
madglee
New Visitor

I think he is referring to the 10 day free trial. I can't find it, either. It won't matter soon, FICO scores are being made publically acessible and free through banks and credit card companies, and should be completely free by year's end.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I think he is referring to the 10 day free trial. I can't find it, either. It won't matter soon, FICO scores are being made publically acessible and free through banks and credit card companies, and should be completely free by year's end."

That is true, but the banks are still paying for each of them, so that means the banks have to still spend money for it meaning they will be having to raise their interest rates, APR, and possibly start doing yearly rates just for you to have one of their cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as for the post, that free trial wasn't a yearly item, it would be if the promotion was still going, but FICO will do Promotions of this sort every once in awhile...so it's not really a fraud, you just didn't read.

If you are going to use your card, you should at least read everything you have to...I am sure you went to school and was taught how to read?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shouldn't. My subscription was inadvertenly cancelled (by myfico, not by me) - I called and they restored my subscription. My EQ fico history (and all the alerts and EQ reports) are still available, just as they were prior. TU score/report is gone, but I think it's only available for a month or so. Call and talk to them - after I got a supervisor on the phone he was extremely helpful and friendly, he very quickly fixed my subscription issue.

ali

Message 5 of 6
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@madglee wrote:

I think he is referring to the 10 day free trial. I can't find it, either. It won't matter soon, FICO scores are being made publically acessible and free through banks and credit card companies, and should be completely free by year's end.

This is the best thing that could ever happen to people that care about their credit.

A fico score should be FREE anyways. Now we are getting that through banks and card companies.  They also have alert systems that work much better than the one on this site.

The products on this site will soon be obsolete which is great. Scamming the consumer for a credit score that should be free.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.