Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called fico today, what bs!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Called fico today, what bs!

Ca removed around week 3 of june. Pulled eq score on fri, still showing.
Fico agent said it can take up to SIXTY days for fico to catch that ca is removed.

Recommended that I buy a report every week to check it.
Is she serious? I will be calling them every week! Why is ca marked zero balance now ?
Where did THAT come from? I checked eq myself, the ca is gone.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Called fico today, what bs!

IMO, never trust credit-related CSRs, not even ones from myFICO. You have a wealth of knowledge far and beyond those manning the cube-farms at myFICO.

I'm assuming this is the same as mentioned in RYC? I responded to that one:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Collection-deleted-from-EQ/m-p/2296041#M28396...

Based on what you posted, it appears the CA re-reported with a $0 balance.

I disagree with the CSR. She's wrong on the 60 days. I have no idea what she meant by that. Your new FICO report will show any changes that instant you purchase the report. There are no lag times. The report data comes directly from EQ. Now EQ could be lagging, or rather the creditors that report to EQ could be lagging. Maybe that's what the CSR meant to say. Let's say a CA says "we'll delete". You may not see that deletion on your reports for 30-60 days because many creditors only update once per month.

I'll agree that you should pull your reports frequently if wanting to catch the moment/day it does delete. But you don't need to spend $14/$20 on a new report for that. You can easily use a CMS that pulls daily to see that info for the same price, or use the many methods of obtaining free reports from EQ to see that. IMO, never buy from myFICO to track report changes. Only buy from myFICO to track score changes, credit impact changes based on score, etc.

Message 2 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

CBSC, the Ca has verified today, that they deleted this collection via E-Oscar.  The information has been deleted by EQ.  No clue as to WHY Fico hasn't caught up?  Three weeks just is WRONG.  The Ca also verified that no, there has been no reinsertion.  I called twice separately and spoke to two agents, today being the senior manager.

Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Back to my first statement...."never trust a credit-related CSR". I've seen CAs lie the most, or at least be uninformed.

I would pull EQ from an outside source and see for yourself. If they were going to delete, why the $0 balance? It was on your FICO report reported by EQ who had it reported to them by the CA. If you did see a deletion, then it would mean they deleted after your last myFICO report pull (7/9?).

Message 4 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Yikes...what a cluster..... Called eq and they said the ca updated to 0, no deletion code.

Ca insists they deleted....either they are nuts, all 3 of them or. Have no idea what they are doing. Ca said they can do nothing further. Eq said the ca can call them and gave me a number they can call.

So what's next .... Attorney, drive to their office (local), ask for a three way call or dispute? Ca did supply me with an email about the deletion, so that is in writing. The mgr said she has no prob with a formal letter stating the agreement to deletion.

Woohoo, lol
Message 5 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Got an alert from EX this morning....DELETION

Got a call from the girl at the CA, she said she spoke to EQ, they are manually deleting TODAY. 

TU deletion

WOOT WOOT

Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just a question about this.  Why would you contact FICO about the deletion?  They have nothing to do with what is on your CR, they only take what's on your CR and assign a score based on that.

You would have to contact the CRA that the collection was on.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Just a question about this.  Why would you contact FICO about the deletion?  They have nothing to do with what is on your CR, they only take what's on your CR and assign a score based on that.

You would have to contact the CRA that the collection was on.

I think OP received a confirmation from the CA and/or CRA that it was deleted and therefore an assumption was made that myFICO's report was old or outdated, when in fact OP was provided some misinformation by the CA. Naaaah, CAs never lie! Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Had a few questions and she had no idea.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.