Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Figure Out How To Cancel Free Trial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Figure Out How To Cancel Free Trial

Free trial started March 7. I can't find where to cancel my free trial. Could someone please explain exactly where I need to go and what I need to get so that I can cancel?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Figure Out How To Cancel Free Trial

Bump

Please help

Message 2 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd give them a buzz:

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon - Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time
Sat - Sun 7am to 4pm Pacific Time

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a link in the confirmation email that they sent you when you signed up for the free trial.  If you click it, there is an area off to the side that says to cancel the product, call customer service at 1-888-577-5992.  I hope this works because I have not tried it yet.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sent 2 emails and have been on hold with the phone number now for 10 mins. Hoping to be succesful because my 10 day trial expires tomorrow

Message 5 of 14
justbarelynotascam

Obviously they want to make it as hard as possible for you to hold them to their end of the terms fo the free trial.

How do you feel about that?  Respected?  lol

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

On hold for 10min already...wondering if they will ever answer...

At least the hold music is not bad lol

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is unethical on FICO's part and ought to be illegal.  How much of your customers' time have you wasted in order to make a few extra bucks off of unsuspecting participants FICO?  I'm on hold right now for over 10 minutes.  I followed the instructions on the order form: "To cancel the trial offer, go to the Support Center and follow the instructions in the "How do I cancel my free score trial?" topic."  That topic is hard to find if you don't enter in the phrase exactly.  It then takes you to a page that gives you reasons not to cancel, but provides no instructions on how to cancel.

Do not do this.  Save your time and patience and just pay the $8 for a score report from Equifax.  You'll probably feel better about the world too.

I finally got someone on the phone after 12 minutes on hold.  She was polite and cancelled my account.  It seems calling is the only way to cancel.  She said they're updating the system and in order to have all my concerns and questions answered correctly they're requiring people to call to cancel their account.  Full on red herring.  At least she cancelled my account.

Message 8 of 14
KatherineLee
Valued Member

I've been holding for 18 minutes now...

I hope they answer before the end of their business hours or I'll be very upset.  

Message 9 of 14
KatherineLee
Valued Member

Yeah... still holding.  33 minutes now.  Interestingly the welcome message said the hold was 5-10 minutes.  I wonder if this is a way to shell out $45 out of me because I won't be able to cancel my free trial on time.  My phone is likely to die before they answer.  Smiley Sad   Very unhappy.  I second the recommendation to not try the Free Trial. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.