Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Identity Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clarification on Identity Verification

I tried to purchase myfico 3B advance scores on Saturday, and it told me to call in and Verify my Identity. I called when they opened this morning, and I was informed that I have to have two active cards reporting for at least 6 months at my current address. I think. I don't remember her wording exactly, but I understood that I was unable to get access at this time.

I am in the process of moving, would updating my address on my cards reset the 6 month timer? Or do the cards themselves just have to be older than 6 months, and have my current address associated with them? 

I can continue to receive mail at my current billing address (friends with current tenants), so do I need to hold off updating my address until I can access myFico? (That seems a little dramatic, but honestly, I am really wanting a better way to document my score change as my garden thrives)

thank you in advance if you can provide some clarity.

2 REPLIES 2
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Clarification on Identity Verification

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to purchase myfico 3B advance scores on Saturday, and it told me to call in and Verify my Identity. I called when they opened this morning, and I was informed that I have to have two active cards reporting for at least 6 months at my current address. I think. I don't remember her wording exactly, but I understood that I was unable to get access at this time.

I am in the process of moving, would updating my address on my cards reset the 6 month timer? Or do the cards themselves just have to be older than 6 months, and have my current address associated with them? 

I can continue to receive mail at my current billing address (friends with current tenants), so do I need to hold off updating my address until I can access myFico? (That seems a little dramatic, but honestly, I am really wanting a better way to document my score change as my garden thrives)

thank you in advance if you can provide some clarity.

You'll need at least one account open for 6 months and at least one account that has been reporting for 6 months. It doesn't have to be at the same address. If you need more clarification, we can have a customer service rep call you.

You can view the requirements for a FICO Score here: https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/faq/scores/fico-score-requirements

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clarification on Identity Verification

@Cindy_FICO  Thank you for the link, I should have clicked around the FAQ before posting a thread! Haha

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.