cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't purchase a product because Equifax sent MyFico my report without an SSN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't purchase a product because Equifax sent MyFico my report without an SSN?

I've never been able to order a report from any company without having to call their support line to verify my identity, but this is a new one for me...

So, just now I ordered a one-time FICO from EQ, then had to answer the security interrogation thing that, for some reason, always says I have a mortgage on file (I don't), blah blah blah. So I'm pretty sure I do everything correctly, but nope. Can't verify, call MyFico please. 

Ok! I'm used to this!!

*Ring*

So after the standard information is given to the very nice support lady, she tells me that EQ sent over my credit report, but it doesn't have my SSN on it. As in, there's no SSN at all. Not the wrong one... NONE. And I guess, because of this, it's impossible for her to verify my identity. Sounds reasonable enough. 

But now I'm here wondering... does this happen a lot over here?

She told me to call Equifax to get it sorted. I'll have to do that tomorrow, but I've never had that issue when pulling reports directly from them.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this weirdness with you all and maybe see if this has happened to someone else and possibly get some guidance.

I was really looking forward to seeing my FICO (albeit only from one agency), and I'm not sure where else I can go for it.  

Supposedly I get my 20 dollars back within 7-10 business days.

About now, I'm almost expecting a credit to my account that contains not the amount I paid, but the full digits of my social security number. Which would actually be really nice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Couldn't purchase a product because Equifax sent MyFico my report without an SSN?

I decided to call EQ just now. The nice fellow there, from what I could make out, said there was nothing wrong with my file. He then referred me to see that fact for myself by purchasing my credit report directly from them. 

So... 

If I want my EQ FICO score, I won't be able to get it from here, nor does EQ provide an actual FICO score. 

Screw it. 

I'll just close my eyes and hope for the best, and find out when I try to pre-qual in about 8 months. My last FAKO was at 780, so I'll just chop off 30 or 40 points from that and ballpark my expectations. 

Message 2 of 3
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: Couldn't purchase a product because Equifax sent MyFico my report without an SSN?

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to call EQ just now. The nice fellow there, from what I could make out, said there was nothing wrong with my file. He then referred me to see that fact for myself by purchasing my credit report directly from them. 

So... 

If I want my EQ FICO score, I won't be able to get it from here, nor does EQ provide an actual FICO score. 

Screw it. 

I'll just close my eyes and hope for the best, and find out when I try to pre-qual in about 8 months. My last FAKO was at 780, so I'll just chop off 30 or 40 points from that and ballpark my expectations. 

http://www.equifax.com/credit-score/

You can buy Score Power from EQ. It includes an actual FICO, and I am pretty sure its FICO 04 instead of 08. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.