Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit at a Glance Error

tag
DeeDee642
Valued Member

Credit at a Glance Error

When I look at my Credit at a Glance it shows my mortgage balance at $242,000 when I only have a $121,000 balance. My mortgage company is reporting it correctly on my Equifax credit report. Is the Credit at a Glance just a MyFico number? It wouldn't hurt my credit score - would it? Where is MyFico getting their number?

Thanks,

Janice

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit at a Glance Error

That's exactly half...are there two mortgages reporting to your EQ from the same lender? In other words, double reporting?

Message 2 of 4
DeeDee642
Valued Member

I took a closer look and I do not think it is a Credit at a Glance error. My original mortgage servicer is reporting and so is another mortgage servicing company I have never heard of. So the at a glance figure is reflecting two different companies reporting the same mortgage. It is making my outstanding debt much more than what it should be. My loan was recently taken over by B.O.A., however, that is not the name of the company that is making a duplicate report.

MortgageWilshirecc XXX6410/2006$121,983Pays account as agreedNoDetails
MortgageBachomelns XXXX6510/2006$120,660Pays account as agreedNoDetails

If I dispute this will it lower my credit score?

Thanks,

Janice

Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@DeeDee642 wrote:

I took a closer look and I do not think it is a Credit at a Glance error. My original mortgage servicer is reporting and so is another mortgage servicing company I have never heard of. So the at a glance figure is reflecting two different companies reporting the same mortgage. It is making my outstanding debt much more than what it should be. My loan was recently taken over by B.O.A., however, that is not the name of the company that is making a duplicate report.

MortgageWilshirecc XXX64 10/2006 $121,983 Pays account as agreed No Details
MortgageBachomelns XXXX65 10/2006 $120,660 Pays account as agreed No Details

If I dispute this will it lower my credit score?

Thanks,

Janice

No.  DIsputing these items shouldn't lower your score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.