cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not sign up for SCOREWATCH!

tag
GenericUser

Re: Do not sign up for SCOREWATCH!

Just tired to cancel ScoreWatch online as well and got the message that I need to call to cancel.  Of course they aren't open on Sundays.

The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth especially when I see the "3 credit reports & scores" peddled to me on this site for $59.95 when I can get the same thing from competitors at $39.95, and better yet I can sign up for a 7 day trial at all 3 bureaus and grab the report and score for $1 each.

I don't see any value at all in ScoreWatch.  The score changes are what they are.  Checking the score once a year is sufficient.

BK 7 2010, no idea what the FICO was after that
Current FICO8 TU 734 EQ ??? EX ???
Short Term Goal: 750+ | Long Term Goal: 800+
TCL: $73,000 as of May 2019
Message 11 of 17
Scupra
Super Contributor

Be fair.. You can't purchase your FICO score from anywhere else.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@GenericUser wrote:

Just tired to cancel ScoreWatch online as well and got the message that I need to call to cancel.  Of course they aren't open on Sundays.

The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth especially when I see the "3 credit reports & scores" peddled to me on this site for $59.95 when I can get the same thing from competitors at $39.95, and better yet I can sign up for a 7 day trial at all 3 bureaus and grab the report and score for $1 each.

I don't see any value at all in ScoreWatch.  The score changes are what they are.  Checking the score once a year is sufficient.

The scores you get anywhere other than here and that includes directly from the CB's are FAKO 

This is the only site to get true FICO scores 

I understand your frustration as I read your other post ...but that sounded like a marketing error IMO 

The ball was dropped in proof reading 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 17
Bdj1
Valued Member

you CAN get fico scores elsewhere.  At least you can get it with Transunion.  It's not easy and you have to read, but you can get them.  You can also get them with Equifax plus the score simulator is closer to the old myfico one.  Not the newer, flater, less information one they are implementing now.  Experian you can't at the moment as far as I know.

16k7.8k7.5k1.75k13.5k4k8001k5k12.9k8k

Message 14 of 17
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Bdj1 wrote:

you CAN get fico scores elsewhere.  At least you can get it with Transunion.  It's not easy and you have to read, but you can get them.  You can also get them with Equifax plus the score simulator is closer to the old myfico one.  Not the newer, flater, less information one they are implementing now.  Experian you can't at the moment as far as I know.

You can get a TU FICO from certain CCC's....Discover, Barclays, Walmart.  I don't know of a single place you can actually buy your TU FICO or any FICO (exception of Equifax.com), other than here.   If you know, please share.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 15 of 17
altaly
New Visitor

This is not your real fico score anyway.  I have had two completely different lenders pull my score and this site was off by 80, 80, and 90 points.  That was humiliating

Message 16 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@altaly wrote:

This is not your real fico score anyway.  I have had two completely different lenders pull my score and this site was off by 80, 80, and 90 points.  That was humiliating

The score provided on this website is a real FICO 08.  Lenders (mtg) lenders use a different scoring model.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.