cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ score not updating in almost 3mo

tag
tc72455

Re: EQ score not updating in almost 3mo

EQ 661(4/1/19- to 6/17/19) TU 733  Ex733   same updates across all 3..  the only one not changing score as it should is EQ... its broken!!!!

Message 11 of 25
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I was just coming over to post this question and see I'm not the only one having an issue -- my EQ score has been the same since I "re-signed" up a couple months ago despite lots of alerts and activity going on in my credit profile and score changes with TU and EX.  In addition, my FAKO EQ score on Credit Karma has been bouncing around in response to alerts as you would expect.

Since we are paying for 3 credit bureau "score watch" -- I think we should get 1/3 of our subscription back since it obviously isn't an accurate score.  We are paying for something that is even less reliable that the FREE FAKOs on Credit Karma.

I'm cancelling my subscription today.  If/when y'all get your act together and fix this issue, maybe it will be worth my money to subscribe again.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 12 of 25
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I got a call from myfico this morning and they have added a free report you can pull and it will update your EQ score. 

I just done it while on the phone for myself, my DH and Son and what a difference..  finally scores all look pretty even ...  now if it stays fixed. We shouldnt have to call in or pull a report to trigger the score udate...  the report is free...

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 13 of 25
thornback
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting this.   I did not receive a call from them yet, but there was a free report update waiting when I logged into myFico app (Cindy also left a message in my inbox about being contacted Smiley Wink).

I guess we'll see if the issue is fixed the next time an EQ alert that should prompt a score change happens...  

@ktl72455 wrote:

I got a call from myfico this morning and they have added a free report you can pull and it will update your EQ score. 

I just done it while on the phone for myself, my DH and Son and what a difference..  finally scores all look pretty even ...  now if it stays fixed. We shouldnt have to call in or pull a report to trigger the score udate...  the report is free...

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t know everybody else was having a problem, but when I pulled one of my reports it updated the score and the graph but gave no corresponding alert. So I had to pull a report to get the score change but it still didn’t give me an alert even though I gave the score change and plotted it on the graph, but I did finally get an alert from Equifax today. Weird. And with the prices we pay and it already being as delayed as it is normally is, yeah this is bad. I’m hoping it’s corrected now.
Message 15 of 25
lovetofish

yes but it did the one score update and hasnt since you made it so a new report could be pulled for eq, yet ex and tu both have udated alerts and score is going up.. eq still sits.

Message 16 of 25
buskels
Valued Member

I as well seem to be having this issue.  I have only recently started following Credit Karma and noticed a lag.  Things hitting there not hitting here.  I watched a few days on one and it wasn't until I updated by report that it was updated.

I originally signed up for this because I was working on cleaning up my credit.  Now, being a victim of the Equifax breach, I depend on the alerts even if there is not a score change.  I cannot justify the expense if the service is not going to work.  Sadly, I just renewed for the year.  

Starting Score: 689 (Feb 2013)
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here I am thinking it was just me. I've been a consumer of myFico for years. That's ending today. The service isn't what it used to be and I pay too much for less service.

Switched to Privacy Guard. 

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's telling how often customer complaints are ignored in a forum dedicated to customer feedback. One would think those concerns would be a high priority. 

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in full disclosure. I ended up canceling Privacy Guard within 30 minutes after sigining up for the 14 day trial. They offer you 3 scores but they're Vantage scores. Why pay for that when I get TU and EQ for free @ Credit Karma Smiley Indifferent

Anyway, I ended up going with Experian because I wanted actual FICO Scores. Experian will provide you with daily updates to scores from all three bureaus. The only major difference is that instead of getting a credit report once a month, you have to wait 90 days. To be honest, I never really looked over my monthly credit reports anyway once my scores were where I wanted them. I am more concerend about my day to day scores and alerts.  FWIW, the Experian product is $19.99 a month.

That said, I suspended by MyFico for six months. This is will give me a chance to see how well I like the Experian product and how well I'm updated. If all is good, and I can at least see up todate, current, and accurate scores in addition to timely alerts. Not getting a credit report for 90 days isn't a big loss.

I get the feeling that in 6 mos I'll be done with MyFico and will spend the savings on Netflix increases. That's a whole other issue right there Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.