Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax hasn't updated in months - reply here if you are affected by the issue

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Equifax hasn't updated in months - reply here if you are affected by the issue

I have the Basic subscription which historically has give me continual Score updates (I've been a member for years).  I see the Scores change on Transunion and Experian, but haven't changed in over 6 months on Equifax.  I can see changes on my Equifax report (I can log directly into Equifax), but no score changes here.

Thoughts?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax hasn't updated in months

Its still broke!!!  Many complaints about it. Mine is still broke as well :-)

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 2 of 20
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I finally cancelled.  I have tried to resolve this with technical support but they can't make it work.  I'm switching to Experian's service.  I only get TU and EX 1 time per month... but that is better than MyFico when I'm not getting EQ at all.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 3 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I have determined that my Equifax score will only update if a new Credit Report is ordered.  This is not an issue with my wife's account; we are on the same plan (Basic).

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I know my Equifax score is changing because I can see it on my Experian credit monitoring acccount.  Here, it has updated exactly twice since last June.  Both times after Ipulled my report here.  So I know pulling a report trigger an update.  Also one support person told me I needed to change my Target Score Alert setting OFF.  It has been ON for as long as I remember.  Switching it OFF has had no affect.  Yesterday, a different support person told me it needed to be ON, which is what I believe it needs to be set in order to trigger changes.

I just received a blance change alert (I have always received alerts).  With the Target Score Alert set back ON, I will see if I receive a Score change.

Message 5 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

My update from today.  SInce yesterday, I have had 5 Equifax Alerts, and none have triggered a recalculation.  I called Customer Support, explained the issue and asked to speak wth a Supervisor.  While on hold, I was disconnected.  I called again and the exact same thing happened.  I called a third time, explained this issue for the third time, asked to escalated to a Supervisor and asked the agent to stay on the line until the transfer went through, and achieved success.

After speaking with a Supervisor, she refused to acknowledge there was an issue.  She told me multiple times not all Alerts trigger a recalculation and so on.  I reiterated my Equifax score has changed exactly 2 times since Feb 2020, and each time it was when I pulled my free credit report.  I told her I needed it further escalated; she said she would, and I would receive an email response.  There's no doubt this will go unresolved and they will hide behind an email.

Given so many people have the exact same problem, this is a class action waiting to happen...

Message 6 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Score not Updating? Respond here

Please reply here if you are affected by the issue where in spite of receiving Alerts, your Equifax Score will not recalculate. 

Message 7 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

To MyFICO's credit an escalation manager reached out to me over the phone yesterday. She acknowledged my conversations to them could have been handled better on their end and there are coaching opportunities. More importantly she understood my concern, and acknowledged there is a problem. She is in contact with Equifax to determine why I am only receiving report change alerts and no score alerts. 

As a point of education for me I asked who calculates the actual FICO Score. My question prompted by her acknowledgement that score alerts are not being received from Equifax. I was told the Credit Bureaus do maintain the scores and will update based on report changes. The credit bureaus use the FICO algorithms but do all of the scoring; it isn't done by myFICO. This was important info for me and may help others who are also experiencing this issue. I suspect this will take several business days which I am fine with. She committed to following up with me after bring in contact with Equifax. 

Message 8 of 20
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

This evening I received a score alert from Equifax and the newly updated score in the exact range I believed it should be. I suspect this has to do with the escalation to Equifax by myFICO. I will consider the problem resolved after I speak with myFICO and see additional acore updates. I am hopeful. 

Message 9 of 20
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I still do not get score changes unless I purchase a new report.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.