Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax hasn't updated in months - reply here if you are affected by the issue

tag
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax hasn't updated in months

@designated_knitter wrote:

I still do not get score changes unless I purchase a new report.

I would urge you to call them, calmly explain the situation, provide the details and ask to speak with a supervisor. I believe the key is to get a commitment they will contact Equifax directly to work the problem. If the supervisor won't commit to that ask them to escalate your ticket to a manager. Be factual and unemotional. Good luck. 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the same thing is happening to me, along with not much coming from Experian at all.  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/FICO-Score-8-on-dashboard-not-updating-Anyo... Definitely not worth the money if this is how it works now.

Message 12 of 20
BMW_328i
New Contributor

My EQ was acting strange as well. This score is usually my high score but it was lagging behind EX/TU for almost two months. Then on 4/7, it increased by 54 points for reasons unknown to me. I can only guess. We shouldn't have to make educated guesses!!!!

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

This evening I received a score alert from Equifax and the newly updated score in the exact range I believed it should be. I suspect this has to do with the escalation to Equifax by myFICO. I will consider the problem resolved after I speak with myFICO and see additional acore updates. I am hopeful. 

Starting FICO 8s | 01/2020: EQ 495 ✦TU 471 ✦ EX 505
6Month FICO 8s | 06/2020: EQ 576 ✦ TU 533 ✦ EX 543
7Month FICO 8s | 07/2020: EQ 598 ✦ TU 530 ✦ EX 567
12Month FICO 8s | 01/2021: EQ 606 ✦ TU 589 ✦ EX 576
15Month FICO 8s | 04/2021: EQ 634 ✦ TU 613 ✦ EX 598
Message 13 of 20
TheBrodster

Hi BMW_328i,

I can make some guesses as to the large jump based on your scores.

1. Major collection(s) fell off report
  2. Late payments(s) fell off report
  3. You payed off a loan

Those first two scenarios can really ding you bad when you are in the lower scores.  I can see as you are aging your report your scores are going up.  Nice work!!!

FICO® ULTIMATE 3B Member since 2018-12
FICO SCORE 8
Starting scores: 765, 771, 740
Current scores:  827, 819, 826
Goal scores:       830, 830, 830

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue here.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like the same thing is happening to me, along with not much coming from Experian at all.  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/FICO-Score-8-on-dashboard-not-updating-Anyone-else/td-p/6291664  Definitely not worth the money if this is how it works now.

Message 15 of 20
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

So today for the first time in YEARS my EQ score updated in conjunction with changes to my credit report!  I nearly fell off my chair!

Maybe they're fixing it?  Or maybe this I was time for the broken clock to actually show the correct time!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 16 of 20
finfree
Regular Contributor

No update from Equifax for months. We're paying for monitoring of all three bureaus and only getting monitoring of two. Has MyFICO formally addressed this issue?

Starting Score (October 7, 2010): EQ: 698 TU: 709
Interim Score: EQ (October 21, 2010): 714 TU (November 2, 2010): 732
More Recent Interim Score: (March 14, 2018- all FICO8): TU: 831: EQ: 824: EX: 827
Goal Score: 850 all

Message 17 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@finfree wrote:

No update from Equifax for months. We're paying for monitoring of all three bureaus and only getting monitoring of two. Has MyFICO formally addressed this issue?

Nobody here will be able to answer account-specific questions.  You really should give myFICO Customer Service a call.

They can be reached at 1-800-319-4433 (Mon - Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time).

Message 18 of 20
Bflores82
New Visitor

Re: Equifax hasn't updated in months - reply here if you are affected by the issue

I am having the same issue. When I contacted them they stated the updates weren't being reported from the credit card companies but I got proof they have been. My score hasn't changed in months even after paying large accounts down. 

Message 19 of 20
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax hasn't updated in months - reply here if you are affected by the issue

image.png

I get this on the main myEquifax front page, but when I click into Your Credit -- Credit Score, it's been updating correctly. 

Navy and Andrews have both been able to pull a EQ Fico score for me, so I think this the extent of the troubles I'm having with them. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.