cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score 8 on dashboard not updating... Anyone else?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score 8 on dashboard not updating... Anyone else?

I subbed to myFICO in the past and let the subscription lapse a few years ago.  Both my previous subscription and the one I just started again earlier this month are Advanced.

My experience based on the old subscription was that the FICO Score 8 scores on the dashboard would change numerous times a month.  I'm not seeing that now, the scores have not changed one bit since I started the current sub.  I would have expected based on past experience to see them move by a few points at least when reported credit card balances and limits changed, but all three are completely flatlined.  I'd expect balance and limit changes to have an effect especially since my % util is hovering around 50% - this is the only bad thing on my reports, all the other categories are exceptional - so % util really should be pushing my score around.

There have been numerous alerts for balance changes and even one for credit limit decrease because I stupidly let my zero balance 17 year old American Express Blue go inactive for long enough that they cancelled it (many years inactive).  This was part of the reason I subbed again to myFICO, to see what effect that cancellation would have.  That cancellation alerted after I started the new subscription.  None of the scores have moved even one point, the "FICO® SCORE 8 TIMELINE" section at the bottom of the dashboard page even shows numerous plot points for all three bureaus, all having the same values.

I do want to be clear on two points.  I understand that changes in these scores may or may not be caused by changes to my credit report that are alerted on, and the whole thing about not all changes that affect scores being "alertable".  I also understand that scores other than the FICO Score 8 that's displayed prominently on the dashboard only change when a 3B report is pulled.  My question concerns the Score 8 numbers not changing, it is not a question about changes that I don't understand the reason for, or about anything other than displayed Score 8.  Sadly the only reason I understand the first point is this post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Alerts-unrelated-to-provided-score-changes/... myFICO itself does a really really poor job of explaining this to subscribers, until today I thought the score correlated entirely with alerts.  But that's another story.

Everything I've found indicates that my previous experience is what I should continue to expect, not this static score.  https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/blog/unexpected-fico-score-changes indicates, "myFICO subscriptions include FICO® Score monitoring. This means that every time we detect a change in monitored credit file data, we provide the latest FICO Score (version 8) in the alert details."  This seems to imply that the score should update fairly often, I'd expect numerous times a month as I have 14 accounts showing in my 3B report.

Is this a problem with the site, my subscription, or something else?  Is it possible my score really is not changing at all in response to meaningfully large balance and limit changes?  Is anyone else seeing this?  If this thing only updates now when I pull a 3B report, it's not useful to me, especially for $30/month.

I sent a message to customer service a few days ago and haven't found any response from them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO Score 8 on dashboard not updating... Anyone else?

@Anonymous wrote:

I subbed to myFICO in the past and let the subscription lapse a few years ago.  Both my previous subscription and the one I just started again earlier this month are Advanced.

My experience based on the old subscription was that the FICO Score 8 scores on the dashboard would change numerous times a month.  I'm not seeing that now, the scores have not changed one bit since I started the current sub.  I would have expected based on past experience to see them move by a few points at least when reported credit card balances and limits changed, but all three are completely flatlined.  I'd expect balance and limit changes to have an effect especially since my % util is hovering around 50% - this is the only bad thing on my reports, all the other categories are exceptional - so % util really should be pushing my score around.

There have been numerous alerts for balance changes and even one for credit limit decrease because I stupidly let my zero balance 17 year old American Express Blue go inactive for long enough that they cancelled it (many years inactive).  This was part of the reason I subbed again to myFICO, to see what effect that cancellation would have.  That cancellation alerted after I started the new subscription.  None of the scores have moved even one point, the "FICO® SCORE 8 TIMELINE" section at the bottom of the dashboard page even shows numerous plot points for all three bureaus, all having the same values.

I do want to be clear on two points.  I understand that changes in these scores may or may not be caused by changes to my credit report that are alerted on, and the whole thing about not all changes that affect scores being "alertable".  I also understand that scores other than the FICO Score 8 that's displayed prominently on the dashboard only change when a 3B report is pulled.  My question concerns the Score 8 numbers not changing, it is not a question about changes that I don't understand the reason for, or about anything other than displayed Score 8.  Sadly the only reason I understand the first point is this post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Alerts-unrelated-to-provided-score-changes/td-p/5537890.  myFICO itself does a really really poor job of explaining this to subscribers, until today I thought the score correlated entirely with alerts.  But that's another story.

Everything I've found indicates that my previous experience is what I should continue to expect, not this static score.  https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/blog/unexpected-fico-score-changes indicates, "myFICO subscriptions include FICO® Score monitoring. This means that every time we detect a change in monitored credit file data, we provide the latest FICO Score (version 8) in the alert details."  This seems to imply that the score should update fairly often, I'd expect numerous times a month as I have 14 accounts showing in my 3B report.

Is this a problem with the site, my subscription, or something else?  Is it possible my score really is not changing at all in response to meaningfully large balance and limit changes?  Is anyone else seeing this?  If this thing only updates now when I pull a 3B report, it's not useful to me, especially for $30/month.

I sent a message to customer service a few days ago and haven't found any response from them.

I'm sure it's because your score really is not changing.  The refreshed date of the score appears underneath the circle. They're not usually up to date, and the time delay varies. E.g., today on my profile one of the scores is 4 days old, one is 11 days old, and one is 12 days old.

This product does not give you real time updates of your FICO 8's. The only place I know to get that from is Experian, and it's only for 7 Experian scores. But I do find that very useful, more useful than MyFICO to tell you the truth.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, the date under the round displays are March 27 or March 28th.  Hard to believe that a closed CC account that I'm almost sure puts me back just over 50% from 48% really didn't make a difference.

I'll keep an eye on it, I have some big payments reporting soon, and that American Express should go back to reporting open within the next month.  For what it's worth, Amex was really cool about it, they reopened it without a HP if myFICO alerts are to be trusted, with a phone call that only took a few minutes.  Now when I log in they have a message that I'm preapproved for a Blue Cash Preferred.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so it's been a little while longer.  Paid off a couple of cards that were fairly high %util.  My TU8 went from 754 to 779, a significant change.  Other two have not changed one point.  Not seeing the value here.  This is not how the site worked when I was subbed a couple  years ago.  It's pretty hard to believe that the changes in here noted in equifax wouldn't budge the score a single point.  I'm getting more up to date scores from EQ and EX for free on sites for my credit cards.  I know this is not real time but it doesn't seem right and certainly not worth $30/month.

alerts.pngtu.pngeq.pngex.png

scores.png

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To myFICO's credit I did get a call from a supervisor today, and she worked through getting an updated report into my account, after which the EQ and EX scores did change drastically.  She clarified the goal setting for EQ and helped me set it, and said hopefully this will get things on the right track again.  So customer service did reach out in a meaningful way, so I thought I would post positive news about that as it was appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
TheBrodster

Glad they were able to help.  Waiting for an updated report was precisely what I was going to suggest.  I have had similar issues with some alerts missing and scores not updating as they have during previous months.  As soon as the new report came in all was well.  I've found the service super helpful for understanding how balances, utilization and loans affect the scores.

FICO® ULTIMATE 3B Member since 2018-12
FICO SCORE 8
Starting scores: 765, 771, 740
Current scores:  827, 819, 826
Goal scores:     830, 830, 830

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.