Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score simulator misguiding!!

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

FICO score simulator misguiding!!

Why is the my FICO simulator so off? I have been working on rebuilding my credit for a little over a year now and it has come somewhat an addiction. I started in the low 500's and as of March 28, 2010 my SW alerted me that my score is now 641. Far from where I want to be but a long way from where I started. But my venting is with the simulator after I purchased my report  a couple weeks ago. The simulator stated when my score was 638 that factoring in all my information after paying my bills on time just for 1 month my score should be between 658 and 688. But when I got my scorewatch alert after paying bills on time and paying down CC's I only got 3 pts. instead of the 20 they stated. I was waiting to see that score. I have been a purchaser of SW for some years now and I still can't understand it.

Also, lately when I have been getting my alerts it's been stating that my score has gone down and actually it has been going up. Can someone please help me understand what's going on. Credit is a very important thing to me now as I have "grown up", and it's frustrating when things are misleading. I finally decided to reach out to the myFICO family to reach my goal of joing the 700 club!!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.