cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 10 day trial of score watch wont let me cancel for three months? (nevermind, I get it now)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free 10 day trial of score watch wont let me cancel for three months? (nevermind, I get it now)

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free 10 day trial of score watch wont let me cancel for three months? Therefore not free.

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent the email to cancel my free trial of score watch (which I actually let go for longer than 10 days, so I have paid for a month of it now) and I get a response saying that I have to wait until July for it to be cancelled, because there is a three month minimum purchase. Has anybody had this experience as well? I feel like this is not an honest way to run a "free" trial. Thanks.

Hello.

I'm not sure what you think needs to be done. You admit you went past the 10 day free trial period. At the bottom of the page that gives details of the SW product it clearly says: *You may cancel your free 10-day trial subscription of Score Watch at anytime within the 10-day trial period without charge. If you don't cancel prior to the end of 10-day trial period, you'll be billed at $14.95 for each month that you continue your subscription. The minimum subscription period is three months.

Did you read this disclaimer before signing up?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free 10 day trial of score watch wont let me cancel for three months? Therefore not free.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited to add: aparantly I did not realize that if I missed the 10 day period to cancel my subcription I would be locked into a 3 month trial. I wish I would have realized this before signing up/posting about it. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 8
foggyjack

10-day free trial offer is deceiving...so disappointed MyFico is so sneaky!

I'm really disappointed about this offer & never imagined MyFico would be so sneaky and deceiving!  I received a 20% off through email a few weeks ago, which I saved as I like to check our [husband & myself] credit reports & scores twice a year.  I usually do this in June & December; however, my husband and I were in Europe for June & July, hence my reason for not doing so yet this year.  I finally got the time yesterday to sit down and do so, but when I went to my 20% off offer, I realized it expired on August 10th...grrr!  So I then spent a ton of time searching the internet for another valid promo offer.  Each one that I typed in didn't work...so frustrating!  I was determined at that time to find some sort of offer as it's really ridiculous to pay the full price to MyFico when we can all get 1 free per year.  Also, I'm all about loyalty to a good product & company, which I felt MyFico was.  Since I was unable to find any discount code that was valid, I took the risk with the 10-day free trial to get the discount on the Equifax portion thinking I could cancel it today!  I am SO upset now that I've read I will be charged $14.95 for 3 months!!!  This is such fraud and so deceiving as it is cheaper to pay the $19.95 for the Equifax report/score.  To make matters even worse, I opened my email this morning to find MyFico had emailed me a 20% off at 2:00 AM this morning!  If there is anyone on this forum that knows what I can do to make sure I don't have to pay for Score Watch for 3-months, please advise.  I will no longer purchase 4 credit reports and scores annually from MyFico due to this deceit...I'm certain they don't care they've lost 2 loyal customers, but, if this sort of deceit continues, they will lose many more.  Thank you in advance to anyone on this board that can give me advise on how to proceed in this matter and make sure I'm not charged for 3-months. 

Message 5 of 8
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: 10-day free trial offer is deceiving...so disappointed MyFico is so sneaky!

Have you tried calling and cancelling?

Are you still within your 10 day trial period?

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 6 of 8
foggyjack

I ordered it yesterday, then I clicked on the 'cancel' button in the body of the email this morning...so it hadn't even been 24-hours.  I haven't called them yet.  I goggled how to cancel 10-day trial and I found this forum.  From what I've read here, even though it says you can cancel within 10-days, if I didn't make some sort of change on the order form before submitting that it was a minimum of 3-months payment!  No matter what the result of this, it is not clear and very shady...obviously, it's in very small print and nobody realizes it until after they purchase!  So after reading all the complaints here, I went to my purchase confirmation email AND in very, very small print at the very bottom of the email, it says: *3-month minimum.  Again, very shady and I should not have to call them and argue the point.  It should be noted on the order form before proceeding to payment that you have to change something on a drop down menu [or whatever] or it really can't be canceled within 10-days.  I hate this sort of stuff...it's not honest and it wasted my time.  So shady and MyFico is now no better than all the scams on the internet.  Thank you though for your response and for your suggestions.  I'm working on a project right now that is due, so I will try to call them when I have time to argue on the phone.  I will post the results.  Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I impulse buy without even bothering to read the details, and it gets me in trouble too. If you click on the ScoreWatch link at the bottom of this page, it clearly states 4 times that there's a minimum purchase of three months and it says 3 times that it's a 10-day free trial, meaning charges will incur following the 10 days. It also says these things right next to the "Add to Cart" link. 

I think if your 10 days are not up, you can call and they'd cancel for you. Instead of ordering just for the free report then cancelling in less than 24 hours, you should at least utilize the free monitoring over the next week or so. Might as well get more for free if you're planning to cancel.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.