cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an alert about a dispute but Myfico won't tell me what it is unless I spend more money

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an alert about a dispute but Myfico won't tell me what it is unless I spend more money

I am (well, I was... I just cancelled) an Ultimate 3b subscriber and got an alert about a new account dispute on my Transunion report. 

I called Myfico customer service to get more information since there is nothing showing in the Myfico dashboard and customer was unable to tell me anything and that if I wanted to know the details I would have to either wait for my next report (March 1, 2018) or purchase an additional report now. Given that I'm already paying $29.95 a month, it's inexcusable getting a teaser message saying essentially we know something that you want to know but we're not telling you unless you give us more money.

No more money from me under these circumstances, my subscription is cancelled and I'll look elsewhere I guess.

EDIT to add: I have not opened a dispute and my last dispute was resolved in June 2017, not that that makes any difference in this case since  Myfico won't tell me *what* they're seeing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got an alert about a dispute but Myfico won't tell me what it is unless I spend more money

There are ten free trans union report puller websites to see a fresh report as often as daily. Those don’t give you a FICO score tho. But use any site to at least review your report.

MyFICO alerts aren’t intended to give you a report or fine details. The alert is just a way to let you know there was a change somewhere.

I pay for the 3B and look at alerts as cream on top.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got an alert about a dispute but Myfico won't tell me what it is unless I spend more money

Thanks @abcd1299  I use a lot of them... wallethub, creditkarma, creditsesame, creditwise, creditview... none of them show any activity.

My complaint is that clearly myfico is representing to me that they have the means to divulge detail on this alert -- they told me that I would have to purchase another report to get it. That's a bad way to treat subscribers to an alert service in my opinion.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyFICO doesn’t have the details. They subscribe to the bureaus own monitoring alert system. The bureaus report the alert to MyFICO who passes it on to the subscriber.

If you want a fresh report, they don’t have it. They have to pay to pull a fresh one.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @abcd1299, appreciate your info and input, any negative tone that may be leaking out in this thread is NOT directed at you Smiley Happy 

MyFICO doesn’t have the details. They subscribe to the bureaus own monitoring alert system. The bureaus report the alert to MyFICO who passes it on to the subscriber.

That's interesting (and strange)... other alerts like inquiries, balance changes, cli's, etc all show the account and detail about what changed, and are included in the myfico alert. Possibly they just screwed up on this one alert, or one type of alert. 

I've just gotten off the phone with Transunion and *they* say that there is no open dispute in their system. So, I'm really glad I didn't pay myfico for a new report. 

So adding to my complaint Myfico would have collected additional money from me and quite likely not been able to say anything other than, "oops we screwed up, we reported a dispute but there isn't actually a dispute after all".

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not affiliated with MyFICO not TU but MyFICO doesn’t generate the alert as far as I’m aware. I believe the bureaus do which is why all 3 bureaus have different alert triggers!

I believe the reason why Vantage Score sites provide unlimited reports is because VS is owned by the bureaus while FICO isn’t.

Funny thing is that MyFICO likely pays the bureaus for the alert FICO score which the bureaus pay fico for. MyFICO is a separate body from fico. Lots of lol factor if you think about it!

But I really do believe that MyFICO doesn’t have any data other than what they provide you and that alerts are trigger by the bureaus.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.