cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highly disappointed at MyFICO Customer Service - Am I wrong?

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Highly disappointed at MyFICO Customer Service - Am I wrong?

My subscription was paused and not scheduled to be resumed until mid Decemeber.

Since I went on a little bit of a spree lately I wanted my report/scores before any of the new accounts reported so I could compare to after they do report. Hoping to get some good DPs.

There is a new feature to resume account that I saw online but I wanted to change my billing card to go towards a SUB on a new card and NOT on a card I am thinking about closing.

The online update billing was not working. I tried on my PC, laptop, tablet, different browsers etc... So I decided to call Customer Service and they changed it but it was still not showing up online, even hours later. So I called again and they said that they could tell I called in to change it but had no information on the new card and it was still llinked to old card. They changed it again and now it was showing up online. 

At first, both reps tried to get me to just use the old card or cancel the account and create a new one using the new card but I did not want to lose my history and I was adamant that I didn't want to use the old card. But the first rep said that if, for any reason, the old card was charged they would reverse it and charge the new one.

With all this in mind and the new card finally showing up online I went through the process and it stated the new card would be charged the 39.95... Great, right?

Well about 20 minutes later I get an email stating that my subscription was resuming and that the OLD card was charged!!!

I called up to have them fix it and they said that they would fix it moving forward (Yah, right...) but that they could do NOTHING for past payments. They could only refund by cancelling the subscription and they could not refund the card without cancelling because they would have no way of billing me.

I told her that I didn't want to cancel and lose my history and that it was not my fault they charged the wrong card. Especially since I didn't authorize them to charge it...

I told them that they should refund the card and charge the new one and if for some reason they can't charge the new card then they should just eat the charge... I tried to do everything including wasting over 1 hour on the phone so that this wouldn't happen.

I work in IT (Database Admin/Software Developer) and I know that this resume subscription is a new feature so I know confusion and technical issues sometimes happen. I was willing to accept the issues I experienced as I am sometimes on the other end of it but if we realse faulty software we would not make the end user suffer for it!

I'm still trying to change my mind from downloading my history, cancelling my account and having the bank do a chargeback if MyFICO doesn't reverse the charge on the old card.

Am I wrong?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Highly disappointed at MyFICO Customer Service - Am I wrong?

@raisemysc0re wrote:

With all this in mind and the new card finally showing up online I went through the process and it stated the new card would be charged the 39.95... Great, right?

Did you by any chance SS any of it?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 11
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

No because the 2nd rep was on the phone with me until my billing info showed up for me and her. So I didn't feel the need to verify what they already verified. They even admitted that that it suppose to charge the new card.

Message 3 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Understand that.  The good news is you posted here...myFico is pretty serious about positive customer relations/service and you'll probably get feedback here and through a pm that the issue is being resolved. That's always been my experience and of others that I've read. Just give it enough time to travel through the right channels. They're PDQ on the customer service issues.

Message 4 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@raisemysc0re post back with an update👍

Message 5 of 11
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I just got off the phone with a senior representitive and she informed me that they looked over my issue and decided to refund the card and delete all references to it so that it will not be charged in any future transactions and that my next payment is not due until December using the new card.

The only thing I forgot to clarify with her is if they are re-pausing my subscription until December or just eating the monthly charge for November.

I'm assuming the latter but we will see.

I'll update once I verify that and the chargeback is complete.

As of now... My faith has been restored! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@raisemysc0re if you get a free month that is extremely nice but definitely not required on their part. Yes, they do have very good customer service policy as has been my past experience and they did provide an extra pull on one of the cb's I had an issue with so I'm not at all surprised if you indeed receive a free month for your bother....thumbs up to MF.  Either way though, the issue was resolved and I'm glad your faith has been restored. Smiley Happy  

Message 7 of 11
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

UPDATE: The refund went through and theyt did give me the free month for my trouble.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have run into a very similar issue today and it is maddening! I am attempting to resume my subscription a few weeks prior to the renweal date. However, when I attempted to renew, the site gave me an error message stating that my card was declined and I needed to update my billing information. Despite knowing that non of my billing info has changed since I puased the subscription, I still went ahead and attempted to update it.  For some very odd reason, an old address from 6 years prior was showing as the biling address. How? Why? I have been at my current address for the past 3 years and using it to renew the subscription each month.  ANyhow, I attempted to update the billing address, and then pay.  The site was stuck spooling for several minutes before I exited out of the browser, logged out and then logged in again. I attempted the payment againa and was prompted again toupdate my billing info. I did so a second time, and was stuck spooling yet again. I checked my checking account to see that the  charge form myfico.com is pending.  However, the myfico.com site still sattes my subscription is paused, and does not show a payment from me.  I contacted a customer service  rep who also tried to convince me to cancel my subscription. She stated that she could see no pending charges or payment attepts on her end. While on the phone with her, I even switched to  a different default card from a diffrent bank,  assured that the billing address and phone numbers were updated on the myfico.comsite and attempted the payemnt from ad totally different card.  I reeived the same error messages, but this time only a  $ 1 pre- authorization charge is pending on this secondary checking account. After much back and forth and having to even ask the customer servrvice rep if I could have a chance to ask her a question in between her lecturing me , I simply disconnected the call in order to avoid more confrontation.   I have been a member of myfico.com for at the very least 8 years. Both my Husband and I  have subscriptions.  I should not have to make a choice of canceling the subscription in order to remedy what is clearly  a technical issue on the websites behalf. This is poor customer service! I am hoping the  attempted charges do not go through without full reinstatement of my subscription.  I am greatly disappointed and inconvenienced!

Message 9 of 11
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

Really hope you get the same service as op! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.