Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I "un"-pause my subscription?

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

How do I "un"-pause my subscription?

I paused my subscription for 6 months (until 5/4/19) because I did not plan to do anything credit wise, did not want to pay while I was in the garden and since I just refinanced my home I didn't want to see the drop in score Smiley Sad

Now I am getting email notifications from WalletHub that my Chapter 13 fell off my TransUnion report and I want to verify.

I filed in Nov 2013 so the 7 year mark is notr until Nov 2020...???

Should I bother unpausing my subscription or is WalletHub known for this type of inaccuracy?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I "un"-pause my subscription?

Wallethub, in my experience, has been accurate with such alerts. But you could first pull your free annual report (annualcreditreport.com) for Transunion to confirm it's gone - then, if so, get your scores.

If it did, in fact, drop - Congrats!
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 7
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Would it be unheard of to have TransUnion drop it 21 months early?

Message 3 of 7
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I paused my subscription for 6 months (until 5/4/19) because I did not plan to do anything credit wise

We're on the same boat. I'm paused until May 27th 2019. I just spoke with a MyFICO rep and she stated unfortunately they have to wait until the pause runs out. The work around is cancelling the subscription entirely and then resubscribing, but you will lose all previous information on your MyFICO account. I decided to just wait out the pause.

I recently subscribed to Equifax's 3B reporting in January - a $1 trial for 7 days and $20 a month afterward. Like you, I just want to confirm something on my report then I'll be cancelling it after February's refresh.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 4 of 7
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

@Zolomon wrote:

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I paused my subscription for 6 months (until 5/4/19) because I did not plan to do anything credit wise

We're on the same boat. I'm paused until May 27th 2019. I just spoke with a MyFICO rep and she stated unfortunately they have to wait until the pause runs out. The work around is cancelling the subscription entirely and then resubscribing, but you will lose all previous information on your MyFICO account. I decided to just wait out the pause.

I recently subscribed to Equifax's 3B reporting in January - a $1 trial for 7 days and $20 a month afterward. Like you, I just want to confirm something on my report then I'll be cancelling it after February's refresh.

That is correct - right now we don't have an unpause feature. Here are some options: wait out the pause period, or cancel and re-subscribe. You can also get a free report as mentioned on annualcreditreport.com  

Message 5 of 7
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I went the Equifax 3B route.

The BK-13 is still showing up on my TU report... Smiley Sad

I did not have a lot of hope that it would actually be gone 21 months early though...

One Question on the EQ subscription...

Is the scores FICO-8 or FAKO?

Message 6 of 7
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I went the Equifax 3B route.

The BK-13 is still showing up on my TU report... Smiley Sad

I did not have a lot of hope that it would actually be gone 21 months early though...

One Question on the EQ subscription...

Is the scores FICO-8 or FAKO?

Equifax 3-Bureau credit scores are each based on the Equifax Credit Score model, but calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit files. Third parties use many different types of credit scores and will not use the Equifax 3-Bureau credit scores to assess your creditworthiness. I hope this helps... Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.