Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cancel this EQ score watch

tag
ontop
Regular Contributor

How do you cancel this EQ score watch

Hi folks,

How do you cancel this EQ score watch subscription? There is no option to cancel this service anywhere in the control panel. When I started out with no paid subscription to this service and that service ect., my EQ FICO score was fine at 733 -- And my ultilization was as high as 70%. After I wasted a yearly subsription to this score watch with no option to get out, my score kept tanking. If my balances were at zero, -10 to -15 points for not using them. If i'm using a few hundreds -> tanked another -20 to -25 points. And if I'm using over a thounsand -> tanked further -30 to -40 points and so on. Now my score is 633 and look like a bad credit score, even though I'm NOT.

I'm Fed Up!

But I always love the Fico forum Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do you cancel this EQ score watch

Utilization can be an asset or a score killer. Everyone is different (YMMV), but I once saw a 125 pt gain on EQ FICO just by decreasing util from 89% down to 1%. For TU, util dropped from 89% down to 3% and that FICO increased over 75 pts. Having a few hundred or a few thousand dollars report can throw it all out of kilter depending on the CLs.

Message 2 of 5
ontop
Regular Contributor

Thanks llecs for your advice,

I've read and follow every possible ways that I could remember from this forum - All failed. I'm not trying to get my score higher, what I'm trying to do is to stop it from falling to the "bad credit score" level while I'm not in that category. There's something wrong with the Fico algorithm + EQ score watch and they both sinked my score deeper and deeper either:

A)I dont use those credit cards at all (zero balances)

B)If I used them from moderate to above 50%

Any idea how I can opt out the subscription of EQ Score watch? I want to save that money for gas as a much better choice.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@ontop wrote:

Thanks llecs for your advice,

I've read and follow every possible ways that I could remember from this forum - All failed. I'm not trying to get my score higher, what I'm trying to do is to stop it from falling to the "bad credit score" level while I'm not in that category. There's something wrong with the Fico algorithm + EQ score watch and they both sinked my score deeper and deeper either:

A)I dont use those credit cards at all (zero balances)

B)If I used them from moderate to above 50%

Any idea how I can opt out the subscription of EQ Score watch? I want to save that money for gas as a much better choice.

Thanks,

Hi ontop,

While I hardly think the FICO algorithm and SW are responsible for the drop in your score, you're certainly welcome to cancel your subscription by contacting myFICO Customer Care.  It looks like you haven't pulled an EQ report in almost 6 months, so, unless you've ordered it elsewhere, I'd recommend getting a copy of your EQ report and checking for errors.  We've added a freebie for you to make it easier.  Smiley Wink

-Barry

Message 4 of 5
ontop
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the instruction on how to cancel the service Smiley Happy

I still have until May to cancel it, since I've paid a yearly subscription - Just to prepare ahead. The reason that I'm not order any more or bother to check on EQ report is because my score kept dropping like a rock, there is no point to pay more, in addition to the monthy fee, just to see the destruction of my score. I do have a subcription with USAA credit monitoring though, unless their report is wrong, I believe my record is 101% clean, never BK, never charge off, never own any tax, with never ever late payment. It's just not Fair at all to rated me as a "bad credit" or "high risk" profile with 632 Fico.

Thanks all,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.