Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cancel your account before they charge you after the 30days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you cancel your account before they charge you after the 30days

They send this to you but how do you cancel so you dont get charged???

About your FREE 30-Day Trial
A week before your 30-day trial expires, we will contact you by email to confirm that you wish to convert your trial to an annual subscription. If you do not cancel prior to the end of the 30-day trial, you will be billed at the annual subscription rate of $89.95 when the 30-day trial expires.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do you cancel your account before they charge you after the 30days

Simply call customer service if you want to cancel.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is nothing short of deceptive - there should be a simple option to cancel account on the web page. Why isn't there one? Simply so that you can lock in customers that have forgotten to cancel their account? This is pretty much a short term profit, with a long term loss - each person who gets charged for the 1 year subscription would never recommend the site to anyone else, nor would they be "happy" with the service. I'm going to call and cancel my account, but I just thought I'd post this message to let you know so that you can improve your UI.
Message 3 of 16
John060675
Valued Contributor

I cancelled my SW service online.  The option is there, you just have to look a little.  It was one click, and then that was it.  They sent me an email 1 week before my trial was set to expire. 

I was unimpressed by the SW service, but I have to differ with your opinion on them not making it easy or getting a profit.  Besides, anyone who gets the free trial would put the date down on a calendar so they would not forget.

Bad alerts, but easy cancellation.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

ArunM wrote:
This is nothing short of deceptive - there should be a simple option to cancel account on the web page. Why isn't there one? Simply so that you can lock in customers that have forgotten to cancel their account? This is pretty much a short term profit, with a long term loss - each person who gets charged for the 1 year subscription would never recommend the site to anyone else, nor would they be "happy" with the service. I'm going to call and cancel my account, but I just thought I'd post this message to let you know so that you can improve your UI.

ArunM --

The email reminder you'll receive a week before the end of the 30-day trial will contain a link enabling you to cancel online.  And, as was already mentioned, you can also call customer service 6 days a week to cancel with no questions asked.

Barry
Message 5 of 16
jaelave

I want to cancel my score watch trial but cannot find out how on the website. Please send me a link.
Message 6 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, jaelave, if you look at the top of this page, you will see a tab called "Support." The #1 topic on the Freqently Asked Questions is how to cancel. Here's a link to cancel, if you are near the end of your subscription:
https://www.myfico.com/scorewatch/cancelsw.aspx
If you aren't close to the end of your trial, you can cancel by calling customer service any day except Sunday, or e-mail.
Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm PST
Sat 7am to 4pm PST

I couldn't make the e-mail link live in Firefox --just go to "Support" and look at the top left-hand corner.
I would read that FAQ that I mentioned to know which would work best for you. I tried to copy/paste the link, but it was insanely long, so it will be easier just clicking on Support.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so deceptive. They say that they will send you an email and they don't. They don't provide an online way to cancel, and they just automatically debit your account $90 after the 30 days. This service is misleading. It will probably take a law suit to get them to straighten out how they deal with the public.
Message 8 of 16
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

WebGuy wrote:
This is so deceptive. They say that they will send you an email and they don't. They don't provide an online way to cancel, and they just automatically debit your account $90 after the 30 days. This service is misleading. It will probably take a law suit to get them to straighten out how they deal with the public.

Sorry you weren't satisfied, WebGuy, but a few things need to be made clear for the record....

We send you an email a week prior to the end of the 30 days that reminds you that
you'll be charged unless you choose to cancel via the online link that's provided in the email.

If you didn't receive this reminder it could be that it got caught in your spam filter or some other email malfunction occurred.

If you are charged for whatever reason and you don't want the subscription, a call or email to myFICO Support will get you a refund and cancellation.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Barry!

Looks like a bunch of upset people on here. I have a quick question I just signed up on 5/1/08 for the score watch 30 day trial. I noticed a charge pending on my online account statement, should I have already been charged or are they billing in advanced now?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.