Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I order MyFico products.........

tag
tlavery
Contributor

If I order MyFico products.........

Will my credit reports be updated with my new address information? At this point I have one collection that is still within the SOL and I don't want them to have my new information. Once that SOL has expired I can send them a PFD. Also, if I sign up for truecredit will the same thing happen? Will they report my address information to the CRA's? Thanks for the information!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If I order MyFico products.........

tlavery wrote:
Will my credit reports be updated with my new address information? At this point I have one collection that is still within the SOL and I don't want them to have my new information. Once that SOL has expired I can send them a PFD. Also, if I sign up for truecredit will the same thing happen? Will they report my address information to the CRA's? Thanks for the information!

If a CA or OC decides to sue, unless you have no phone, no bank account, and are paying cash for rent, they'll find you regardless of what address shows up on your CRs.

If you have any sort of loan (home, auto, CC, et al.) that reports and has your current address, then your current address will show up on your CRs.

In answer to your question, I believe TC is going to expect the address you provide them to match the address on file at TU--since TC is part of TU. Otherwise your info won't validate.

Concealment in most states tolls the SOL.

Message 2 of 4
tlavery
Contributor

Well, I do have a bank account, phone (unlisted) and I don't pay cash for rent, so I guess they can find me. As far as anything reporting my address......I don't have anything that reports to the credit bureaus. I have no loans, no credit cards, nor have I applied for any credit. So my new information has had no way to have been reported to my credit report. I don't feel that is concealment. If anyone disagrees I would certainly like to know why. Thanks for the information.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

tlavery wrote:
Well, I do have a bank account, phone (unlisted) and I don't pay cash for rent, so I guess they can find me. As far as anything reporting my address......I don't have anything that reports to the credit bureaus. I have no loans, no credit cards, nor have I applied for any credit. So my new information has had no way to have been reported to my credit report. I don't feel that is concealment. If anyone disagrees I would certainly like to know why. Thanks for the information.

If you got your bank account pre 9/11, there's a fair chance it may not be known. However, if you ever paid by check to someone whom you don't wish to find you, then it's possible they might know of your bank account and thus know of you and where you are.

Unlisted doesn't necessarily mean a lot unless you're extremely guarded about using the phone. Anytime you call someone with an 800 number, they get your Caller ID info (whether you have Caller ID or ). It can be anyone with an 800 number, and lots of companies like to collect and re-sell such things.

I'm not a lawyer, and if I were a lawyer I'm not your lawyer. You'd know if I were your lawyer because you paid me. Smiley Very Happy

Concealment and hiding may or may not be well defined in the statutes of your state. It might be buried in the caselaw or AG opinions. There might be applicable Federal caselaw in your District or Circuit. Short answer is I don't know, but I generally presume worser than the best case scenario.

If you wanna test your invisibility, look for yourself at some of these links. Don't pay for anything. Just see what you can turn up FOC using the various search methods. Try name, your unlisted number, old phone numbers, SSN, address, etc. Try old info and see whether any of it crossreferences to where you are now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.