Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Myfico the same as Truecredit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Myfico the same as Truecredit?

On truecredit you can update daily to see if there are any changes. Can you do this on  Myfico? My 30 days are almost up and I have never got any updates, but on TC I got one update. It has been a week and I still see no changes. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Myfico the same as Truecredit?

Nope.

Smiley Happy

You need to pay each time for an updated MyFICO report\score.
Message 2 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Depending upon the number of active accounts you have and when they report you might not see much activity for many days at a time. If you pay off a large amount of revolving debt at once or make drastic changes to your file you probably won't see too much change from month to month. Your credit score is like a battleship. It takes a long time to turn it around. Keep plugging away.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO, True credit is superior as it allows you to pull all 3 credit reports daily whereas credit score you have to pay each time you pull your credit score.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each one.

If you are currently disputing or very agressive in credit report cleanup then I would recommend both of them.

Lets face it, my fico is the big brother of all 3 and that is the one that matters the most.  The other two (especially Transunion) is like the little brother and sister that you want to leave at home but mom makes you take them with you.

I have both.  My fico is monitored (but it annoys me to no end that I cannot pull my credit score daily without paying each time), and True credit allows you to pull all 3 daily for a relatively low price.

Myfico does not even have a similar product that true credit offers and is in my opinion far inferior because of it.

They are the big daddy of the 3 and should set the industry standard in pulling daily but the runt of the litter (transunion) offers true credit and makes big brother (myfico) look bad.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really disappointed somewhat in myfico products. I got the free trial and TU & EX power reports. The fact that they don't update is weak. Then...my EQ which suppose to update alerts be so far behind...you just lose interest. Before I started this trial..I was thinking Fico going to update quickly. Boy was I wrong!!! I called twice for a refund and was denied. Futhermore...EX don't have the simulator. MyFico appears to be after the money instead of customer satisfaction. They are too high for the results you get. I do enjoy the forums for free though...maybe that offset the money I spent.
Message 6 of 12
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

I have both and TrueCredit is awesome!  There is a score discrepancy between the Fico score and what TrueCredit reports, but having the ability to update your credit report on a daily basis for $14.95 monthly on all three is wonderful.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,True Credit is better than My Fico,the difference is around 20 points(substract 20 points from TC to find your real Fico).
Can't wait for the day to cancel  MyFico,have to wait 3 moths though.Who heard of that?Having to wait 3 moths before you can cancel?I guess they know their product is not the best on the market so,at least they get your money for 3 months.
Dissapointing!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sevi wrote:
Yes,True Credit is better than My Fico,the difference is around 20 points(substract 20 points from TC to find your real Fico).
Can't wait for the day to cancel  MyFico,have to wait 3 moths though.Who heard of that?Having to wait 3 moths before you can cancel?I guess they know their product is not the best on the market so,at least they get your money for 3 months.
Dissapointing!

I think you are mistaken.  My free trial allowed me to transfer 6 days before the first month ended.  Also where did you get the idea that 20 points separates your TU from MYFICO.  I have seen both of my scores and they are not that consistently different. 
Message 9 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sevi wrote:
Dissapointing!

Definately not true. It's not uncommon for FAKOs\FICOs to be 150+/- from one another. Wouldn't you rather make the extra investment for your actual score?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.